1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is is possible to offend a fictional race...?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Snazzy Drew, Dec 20, 2013.

?

Which race do you dislike the most?

1. Monkeymen

79 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Birdfolk

32 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. Robochaps

28 vote(s)
    20.1%
  1. KaelemGaen

KaelemGaen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I gotta say my choice would be the Hylotl. Personally my favorite race is a tie between Apex and Glitch soooo

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Agh! I misread the title, thought it said "Which race do you like the most?" Voted Birdfolk, I like the Avians.
    :facepalm:

Wikrin likes this.
  3. Freakscar

Freakscar Phantasmal Quasar

"Is it possible to offend a fictional race?"
    Snazzy Drew asked, while setting up a poll that offers only 3 out of 5 available races.
    Within 3 hours, chaos ensues over 2 pages

I rest my case. ;)

4. Graylen

Graylen Big Damn Hero

I'm kind of starting to feel resentment to florans because of all the people trying to talk like them, the excessive sss's and stabbing references are already getting old.
    I love all the other races though, but I'll always be loyal to Avian :) Was my first, will be my last, and I'll never play another.

5. Snazzy Drew

Snazzy Drew Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hahaha. I know I goofed. I'm still new to this and didn't realize how the console on the ship worked. The chaos was lovely though.

Also, Poll confirms. The Apex suck.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Zprimal and Freakscar like this.
  6. Slashll2

Slashll2 Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, those places are made by the Apex.

Anyway, do glitch like Feathercrown? I've got quite a lot of it; It's a delicacy where I come from.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. ShadowSnifit

ShadowSnifit Space Hobo

It sucks that I hate the Savages but as a Glitch they are so nice to me...

8. ShadowSnifit

ShadowSnifit Space Hobo

Investigating a thought reassessment sign as a glitch reveals they have them too.

9. Wikrin

Wikrin Void-Bound Voyager

I voted for Avians even though I don't dislike them, because I do dislike their style. Mostly I think you should have included a "none/I can't commit" option, because I compulsively vote in polls. :(

10. Hat

Hat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why all the hate for Apex? Are we stealing your bananas?

11. Fortis

Fortis Pangalactic Porcupine

As an Apex, I actually found the few florans I encountered to be pretty friendly. One even commented that they wanted to 'snuggle with monkey man'.

12. Zakk

Zakk Space Spelunker

Floran are my favorite and for very shallow reasons. A female (red flower) with the right petal option i can make her look like my favorite character from a manga i read a while ago, and she was sexy!

couldnt find a good pitcture but im thinking of Pero from Mononoke Girls Academy

warning: its nsfw and if you feel the need to look it up dont judge me, it was funny:D

13. tre288

tre288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I roll human, and generally accept all non hostile creatures as friends.

That's the Canadian way. ;)

Snazzy Drew likes this.
  14. Crome

Crome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those florans really seem to dislike me (an Apex of course). So it only seems fit to dislike those potted plants.

15. Doublejho

Doublejho Existential Complex

I'm pretty sure I found an Apex thought reassignment centre as well though.

16. Doublejho

Doublejho Existential Complex

I don't really like the Apex. Don't get me wrong, I love their lore about how they're going to evolve their race's intelligence via sacrifice, but they also kidnap some of them I think.

There's not really a race I don't like to be honest. Florans "love Glitch", as they've said, the Glitch are friendly even if they do hit on my character, and I've yet to meet an Apex that isn't friendly, or a merchant for that matter.
    Avians are okay as well, not really fond of their suicide tower structures, but they aren't bad. I liked the Avian monks and pirates I met.
    I haven't met any Hylotls that aren't merchants either though, but I've met hostile humans who I took out in a legendary raid against their base. Cleaning bots are too cute.

Only bone I have to pick with any of the races is the Apex. The girls have fluffy faces maaaaaaan. What's worse is that I absolutely despise monkeys of all kinda. Maybe not cute little marmosets. But the Apex aren't cute little marmosets. They be proper ape people innit.

Snazzy Drew likes this.
  17. I know right?
    They're all like: We love Glitch! Please, teach Floran!
    Floran sad when Glitch leave!

Avians are really nice toward me as well! And apex don't seem to resent me either.
    In fact, the only ones that seem to dislike me are my own species, the Glitch.

Though I strongly dislike them, I just can't bring myself to kill even the Floran townsfolk.
    Gaurds, on the other hand...

18. Incinerain

Incinerain Starship Captain

As a Hylotl the Floran tend to be major dicks but I try not to judge simpler minds

kellbyb likes this.
  19. CalamityQuote

CalamityQuote Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, how I loathe the Floran. Such a filthy race; always going on about sushi, and how good Hylotl taste. [/roleplay]
    In all seriousness, I really dislike the Floran. Seeing how I didn't know about the war between the Hylotl and Floran at the time, I was rather confused when they were all shouting at me when I went through their village. I thought they all treated each race the same (except for their own), but when they went on and on about some truth about the Hylotl, I got really confused. Oh, well. The Floran can be as racist as they want, but when they choose not to sell me gear, things get serious.

Snazzy Drew and kellbyb like this.
  20. Incinerain

Incinerain Starship Captain

SHit do they do that? I've only had floran like fissh money iss sstill money and rush to their stalls

Snazzy Drew and kellbyb like this.