1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Impervium worth it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cake, Apr 15, 2013.

?

Should I buy Impervium?

1. Yes

45.4%
  2. No

54.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvnvnasdf

cvnvnasdf Industrial Terraformer

platinum tier

2. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, but what makes it a "Value" pack?

3. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Honestly, it seems like the majority of people saying it's not worth it haven't even bought the $15 pack yet. I'd take other people's opinions with a grain of salt on this matter. The majority of people will not preorder a game without a release date, and many won't preorder at all. They'll wait for release. There's no way the poll will ever favor "Yes" because of this.

If you want to support the game, and can afford it, then buy the pack... but I wouldn't accept "No it's not worth it" from many people who won't even preorder the game. You guys have totally different mindsets on supporting the game.

NerArth and Patchouli like this.
  4. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you interpreted it wrong, we're saying it's not worth it because you only receive a statue while buying 2 solarium tiers offers 2 customization weapons at the same prize.

5. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

to me the best tier to buy is Platinum
    just so people can actually see and use what you made

but sadly i can only afford silver

6. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I was under the impression the $2000 pack lets you get a statue, customize a weapon, and a hat. Has Tiy said that's not the case? Generally with kickstarters like this you always get everything from the lower tiers.

I do agree though, if that's the case then 2x $1000 packs seems like the way I would go. I'm sure if you bought the $2000 pack they'd have no problem allowing you to make 2 weapons instead of a statue.. might be worth asking Tiy about.

7. Patchouli

Patchouli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Though buying multiples is kind of a dick move with a limit on how many people can buy that tier.

Scruffy likes this.
  8. Scruffy

I thought it was only the statue, my bad. :oops:
    But I guess if you really want to support the Devs getting the $2000 pack is worth it.
    That's a good point. You can still buy the Pixel Tiers though for giveaways or friends.

9. cvnvnasdf

no, i said $500 value pack.

10. Scruffy

Doesn't that still go back to the same argument of why it's a "Value" pack?

Patchouli likes this.
  11. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

This too. I would be surprised if they don't increase the limit on the $500 and $1000 packs though. They will sale out for sure, and they will basically be limiting how much people can donate. I'm surprised there wasn't $150 and $250 packs because many people (myself included) would of went for those over the $75 pack.

Path of Exile had something like 350 diamond supporters, which was the same $1000 price.

Scruffy likes this.
  12. cvnvnasdf

i was referring to the value of the tier, $500

13. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

If you can't get it easily then don't bother, Starbound is going to be amazing but when $75 only gives you slightly less compared to 2K. It's not "worth it".

14. In the end, it'll be your decision. :) However, a couple of tips I'd give:

- Make sure that spending that amount of money will not considerably hinder your life, as there may be other things of greater priority that need attending.

- Bear in mind that, in theory, you're not buying anything with the $2000 but Starbound. Selecting the Impervium option is mostly a donation you will be making to Chucklefish. However, besides getting the game, you will also acquire some sort of recognition for your action, sort of like a "thank you for the monetary assistance".

- I'm not sure how you see $2000, but that's plenty of money to me. :) If it is indeed a stretch to you, I'd suggest giving it a good night's sleep, so that you may consider the decision once again in the morning. Doing so may bring a refreshing view into the consideration and may help you cast your decision.

Good luck!

NerArth and Quantum like this.
  15. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Keeper pretty much summed up what I was going to say. Be sure you're very keen on spending said amount before doing so.

Keeper likes this.
  16. Softenik

Softenik Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, that tier is for rich guys i think, that 2000$ are nothing, or easy to get. If you don't want to buy it, just buy pixel tier. Lul.

17. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Get a weapon or hat. A statue isn't that cool anyway.

18. Freekill

Freekill Pangalactic Porcupine

I would spend it on hookers and blow.

And throw a sexy party.

19. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

Statues are sweet but are weapons even sweeter?
    And how sugarly is a hat? ..........I lost my trail of thought.

20. Tueland

Tueland Astral Cartographer

If i had the money i would get the 2k pack, just so i could send them a picture of me naked, posing, with a leaf infront of my genitals, would be the best statue ever. :alien:

7Tsuchinoko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.