Is being housemates with Krobus worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boyfriend, Dec 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. boyfriend

boyfriend Void-Bound Voyager

I was so excited to see that we can have Krobus move in with us in 1.4, for those of us who prefer monsters to people. I understand that he operates almost exactly as a spouse does. However, is there anything (besides children) that you cannot get from Krobus that you would typically get from a spouse? Is it worth it to invite Krobus to live with you, then evict him and get married?

I want to live with Krobus indefinitely and am afraid to evict him because I can’t handle the heartbreak of getting the cold shoulder from him. Will I be missing out on anything aside from heart events and babies if I choose not to swap him out for a spouse?

(Aside, it would be nice if cribs could be put away for those of us who don’t want children or who want to live with Krobus indefinitely. I’d rather have the extra room than the nursery. Unless, of course, it’s made so that we can eventually adopt with Krobus. )

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well there's always mods to turn him into a anime female or male character lol.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

well, i guess you don't get the wedding cutscene and cannot dance with him at the flower dance but i haven't seen any downsides so far

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

But it's a affective relationship? By what I saw in the spoilers sounded more like a friend sharing his room.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it's very much an ace relationship. you can affectionately hug at any time and he makes you breakfast and there is discussion about this being a forbidden thing but yeah the technical name for the relationship is 'roomates'