Modding Discussion Is ADDING Stuff Possible? + Some Ideas

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Vitality, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Will Adding actual content be possible anytime soon?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vitality

Vitality Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, I'm not really one to have ever made mods before for games, They're just there and I use them.

This is one of the first games though where I'm very interested in how it works and if it's possible.

Is it actually possible (or does it LOOK) possible to add items NOT replace? It would be amazing if we could have 100 different crops instead of the original number.

It would be amazing if we could have hundreds of different fish to catch, And would be cool if you could ADD things to craft.

POSSIBLE? - Pretty much, I'm wondering if even without any DLC or content updates if anytime soon it's going to be possible to add modded content to the game that's going to produce more game time.

I love the game but feel I could get bored with it after I've done most of the crops or caught the fish.

I'm very excited about this game, and very VERY happy with it's success to the original creator, Much deserving!

IDEA/POSSIBLE? - Also, Anyone who's had any experience looking into the modding / files, Is it ever going to be possible to add new locations, With new NPCs?

IDEA/POSSIBLE? - Even just adding more NPC's that just roam around? Would be nice to have a out of town NPC randomiser which every day you'll notice new villagers coming to your town for the day etc...

I'm not overly keen on skin mods as it never ads anything to the game for me, But actual MODIFICATIONS/CONTENT? Sign me up!

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Trifoilum and cure like this.
    • Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Some brand new furniture (not replacing or recoloring originals) would be sweet.

• Vitality

Vitality Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks Keyten checking it out now.

How cool would it be and how much would it add to the game if you could see random people around from out of town that come back and forth occasionally, some interested in trading, selling, gambling.... would be cool.

Honestly, just my opinion here, I really just dislike "texture" mods, they don't add or do anything.. I want actual game changing content, New areas, new NPCs, New things to do, New Fishes, New crops.

Not just replacing old ones.

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Even if it adds Red XIII to the game?
          Or adds the face of Demetrius to your Melons?
          [​IMG]

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
          • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

• Honeybee

Honeybee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would honestly love to see the option to add our own wallpapers and floors to the game without replacing the default ones. There's a lack of good children's wallpapers and floors. And the current wallpapers and floors are a tad bland.