1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[IRC] New starbound ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

LIGHTNING!
    [​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't resist.

natelovesyou and plaYer2k like this.
  2. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I'm hoping that you will have a choice for how you are going to "expand" with the upgrades of the spaceship. Like for example choosing a bigger command room (the room where Tiy is chilling in on the picture), like the option to expand that first, and then upgrade to the left from that point, as an example. That would allow for more options when upgrading the spaceship.

Example:
    [​IMG]

Another Example:
    [​IMG]

With three Tiys piloting the spaceship nothing can go wrong! :DD

Ketoth and Thanel like this.
  3. Insane

Insane Big Damn Hero

Well, that`d be really neat if one could assemble his own modules. Though making them custom modules work would require a bit of extra work, game would really benefit from that. Imagine hordes of players trying to create unique design for hours.

4. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I'm happy with this ship although if I start the game as a Floran, I may not see the ship for a while.
    Tiy saying that they haven't created the other species' ships yet makes me wonder how long it will be before the game is done.

5. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

<@Tiy> every race has their own ships
    <@Tiy> i would show you, but theyre not in the game yet (though its not going to take long to add them, we're just doing other stuff)

I'd say this isn't a major thing to worry about concerning a delay of any kind. ;)

6. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Awesome! I'm gonna fill mine with tv's, and shower curtains, yea...shower curtains

7. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I hope we can capture the most horrid space aliens and have a little zoo in our ships...
    ...and then crash land on a planet...
    Alien Factor

8. Medricel

Medricel Space Spelunker

When I saw that, fond memories from childhood came to me. I immediately thought of this:
    [​IMG]

9. Floran space craft, eh?
    floran space craft.png

AIex, Ketoth, Beta and 11 others like this.
  10. Medricel

Medricel Space Spelunker

I don't exactly know how its flying, but I like it!

11. MEWMEW

I'm guessing floran ships will be random parts of different racial ships mixed with vines and flowers and stuff

Medricel likes this.
  12. Kousaka

Kousaka Void-Bound Voyager

Is the ship further away from the planet now? In screenshots of smaller ships the planet was really big and right below the ship, I thought it looked neat. I hope bigger ships don't mean a smaller view of the planets.

13. Medricel

Medricel Space Spelunker

It might just be an effect of zooming out. Or perhaps the larger ship does need to stay further out in orbit? If so, the image of the planet should be brought higher into the screen. You're still farther from it, but you still see more of it.

And +1 for overgrown frankenstein ships for Florans

14. It's not.

They have no idea what they're doing. The explorers on the bottom provide no propulsion, and the Floran pilot is dead too.

BUT IT'S ROMANTIC

15. MEWMEW

It could just be a smaller planet...

16. Medricel

Medricel Space Spelunker

Very well might be so. I'm still in favor of being able to see more of it, though.

17. GeekNeff

GeekNeff Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope the Hyotl ships look really fluid and have a lot of curves on the exterior. Like covenant ships, that's a good example.

And steampunk robot ships :rofl:

18. MEWMEW

Maybe...You can move your ship....whoa...

19. GeekNeff

GeekNeff Subatomic Cosmonaut

BLASPHEMY!!!

20. Really cool. Kinda reminds me of FTL.

Kalvuric and natelovesyou like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.