1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Inviting via Steam doesn't work anymore

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by 22neptun, Aug 15, 2018.

1. 22neptun

22neptun Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem, but ever since the new Steam-Update, the Starbound-multiplayer doesn't seem to work anymore. It used to work like a charm: Invite a friend via the Steam-friends list, we get connected as soon as his game opens up, and I just invite him into my party in our joined game.
    Now, when I try to do the same thing, that is invite him via Steam-friends list, his game still opens up, but we still seem to be unconected since Starbound doesn't notify me that "X Has Connected". We're just both in the game, but it didn't establish any connection. I only noticed that it doesn't work anymore AFTER that the latest Steam-Update, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that.
    Any idea how to fix this, or other (simple) ways to still play together? I really don't wanna get into all that "setting up a dedicated server" stuff because it looks really unnecessarily complicated. I just wanna play the game with one other friend, no more and no less x)

Thank you for reading!