1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Invisible wall in Apex Sparrow ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by cothfotmeoo, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cothfotmeoo

cothfotmeoo Space Hobo

So I placed a door on that side of my teleporter and wired it to a sensor to open automatically. It didn't work quite right so I removed them both but when they popped out the door remained. It won't let me place ANYTHING in that space, makes sound/animation like it's removing something that never goes away, and I can't walk through it or "use" the area as if to open a door. Please advise.

Attached Files:

2. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. cothfotmeoo

cothfotmeoo Space Hobo

Ugh, ultimate despair.... It appears I have, in fact, quit and saved too many times to retrieve a working shipworld. I upgraded my ship and the problem persists. Alas, it looks like all my progress has been for nothing and I am forced to start a new game.

Attached Files:

4. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, I was a little tired when I wrote my first reply, I didn't realize that the positioning of the wall was so bad in your case.
    Since you don't seem to have that much on your ship yet, maybe you could use the following method to get over the wall:
    In your case you'd want to subtract from your horizontal position, than you could grab all the stuff that's there and temporarily move it to a container on a planet surface. It would take you about 2 max 3 runs with empty inventory judging by the amount of small metal boxes you have and assuming the're all full.

After you move your items, delete your shipworld entirely and let the game spawn a new one.
    It should still spawn in a tier 2 ship but if it doesn't you can use:
    /upgradeship '{"shipLevel" : 4}'

It's about 5 -10 min of work, but it's better that the perma wall blocking off most of the ship.

5. The Gaming kYti

The Gaming kYti Space Hobo

I have same issue on my Floran ship. I had a Floran Ship Door wired to a Proximity Sensor that was working perfectly on my computer. Copied over to my husband's computer to play and now there is an invisible wall there. Broke the door thinking the door was the issue and now won't let me place anything there or cross over. I have fully upgraded ship with LOTS of stuff on the other side, pretty much everything over my many hours of gameplay. :( I also have Steam Workshop mods installed, but was working perfectly before.

6. The Gaming kYti

The Gaming kYti Space Hobo

If you're on Steam, go to Workshop and subscribe to Ghost Hatch/Door Remover by Weaver. Back up your files first in case you make a mistake. Get the remover from C menu (Basic crafting) and place to the LEFT of invisible blocks. You may have to place it twice if the invisible wall is 2 blocks wide. Works perfectly.

TwistKick and Iris Blanche like this.
  7. cgtinker

cgtinker Void-Bound Voyager

Hi folks, I had this issue and I managed to find a copy of Weaver's mod outside of Steam (phew!). I have a Hylotl ship and could not apply the fix as-is, so I had to edit it and add a left-facing version. It appears that lots of Steam peeps have the same issue.. hopefully they find this because it seems that the project is abandoned or inactive.

The extended version is here - It worked for me, but it might ruin your life so please take care. :) https://gitlab.com/cathalgarvey/wvr-doorfix-plus

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please look at the date when replying to a topic. Necroing a topic is only allowed if it is still relevant AND you stay on-topic. I can't see how this topic is still relevant since there hasn't been any reply since 2016.

Closing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.