1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Invisible/Unbreakable Wall on Human Ship From Light Sliding Door

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tyjabro, Jul 28, 2016.

1. HornedReaper

HornedReaper Yeah, You!

Sorry that me keeping my ship as it is and how i decorated it is such a bummer for this situation...
    I didnt decide to put an invisible wall right before my bridge and hoped the devs could fix this as soon as possible because in my case its gamebreaking. I dont like walkarounds because they dont fix problems. Its more like a solution for lazy people. I dont mind if this whole thing takes longer than i had expected but then i really would appreciate someone to say something that they are working on it.
    I could always start over again and hope somehow those invisible doors doesnt appear again, but then whats the point in looting and collecting rare stuff on your ship if the next bug destroys it all? This isnt early access anymore am I right? back then I was prepared to start over and over and over and over and over again.
    This game is released and such bugs and glitches should be on their minimum. Im not unthankful about all this, I love this game and the devs for their work and played so many hours back in early access and until yesterday. But if you are not communicating in the forums about such gamebreaking bugs (ask for infos, tell status about fixing the problem etc.) after a half month... and all we get is walkarounds sold as Solutions. Sorry if I seem too angry for this.

But have you ever encountered this situation with a gamebreaking bug in some game and all you get is a forum post with no real answers doomed to die with no Fix ?
    A little "Hey guys sorry for the inconvience, we got it that this is a problem, we are working on it." would be enough.
    I apologize for my a little too angry posts but I dont like to be forced to sign in for a forum to get in touch with devs about a big bug and there is honestly no communication with the devs after a half month. There are people out there that have this bug and cant play this game for half a month and there is no word from the devs. I came here for answers and now im angry and disappointed. I dont want to come across like a unthankful and angry person i love this game so much...and thats why im angry.

2. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spawning in a captain seat will not ruing your ships decoration though, just put it somewhere that's not very visible if it's a big eyesore to you, maybe spawn in 2 and place them as table chairs or something. I can understand your frustration about his bug but I really don't get why you refuse to play on when a temporary solution is given to you. It may seem like a fix for "lazy people" but unfortunately I'm not an SB developer and this is the best I can give you, sometimes you have no other options than to use a workaround. I'm simply trying to encourage you to play on since this is really a fantastic game (even with the bugs).

3. Ethan024

Ethan024 Space Hobo

I have the same error, a bug deleted a mod called shipping containers now there are invisible platforms where the top of the containers used to be.( I have tried a lot of methods but none have worked) Tried to put a screenshot but it just loads a black screen

4. HornedReaper

HornedReaper Yeah, You!

New Update 1.1 and still no official fix for this gamebreaking bug :(

5. HornedReaper

HornedReaper Yeah, You!

So there is a big Update coming up. Will the devs finally fix this big bug or should we wait longer ?
    Its kinda pathetic that we needed to wait nearly a half year and still its not said it will be fixed maybe they announce more new features etc but no bug fixes for this.
    Its reported in the Steam forums, its reported on Reddit, its reported here in more than one thread and still no Dev acknowledges it.
    Im sick seeing these Announcements in Steam about new Starbound updates and more and more I starting to hate this. Whats the matter in reporting bugs when no one of the devs replies to it at all, Steam, Reddit or here ?
    Whats the matter in telling people to report Bugs and still after a half year not fix them but deliver more updates with new features in the meantime.
    Im giving up now about this. If users have to beg for Bugfixes around here for month and month.
    Starbound was a perfect game until I encountered this one bug and it broke my game and the developers did nothing to ensure us it will be fixed at all.
    More Features more Things in the upcoming Updates keeping them to busy to reply.
    Im done, Thanks Chucklefish for this pathetic support, the community has to help themselves with major bugs because you are to busy even to reply to Bugreports even if they are posted couple of times on more plattforms than just your forum.
    Im disappointed that I gave you money on early Access in Steam because i thought you were good people. And still the whole time EA I waited for the full game to be released I believed in the concept and what now ? Even if the concept of your game is so well thought and awesome a not communicating support will ruin everything.
    Im not getting my money back and I cant keep playing like this.
    Good bye.