1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Invisible Box the cursor can't go past.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Leongeeste8, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Leongeeste8

Leongeeste8 Void-Bound Voyager

Have two computers. one works fine, other has this issue with resolutions where it creates a invisible box '800 - 600' (because if I change to this resolution, the game functions without the issue) so unless i put it to said resolution, the game is unplayable. I'm somewhat computer savvy and tried updating graphic driver, manually changing resolution in the config file and made no progress. I talked to a few other people having this issue so it must be new.

2. Philthespartan

Philthespartan Space Hobo

Hey I had this problem as well. Start the game windowed. Load a character. Press f11(toggles fullscreen) then change resolution in options. . Worked for me hope it helps :)

3. ZQUAIL

ZQUAIL Space Hobo

I had the same problem when running fullscreen and it ended up being a display scaling issue. You can quickly solve it by changing the display settings for your monitor to 100% (was a tv set to 125% in this case). A more specific way is by changing the Compatibility Properties for starbound.exe. I checked the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and fullscreen works as it should now ;D

I think Windows (10x64) noticed that I had a bigger screen and scaled everything to 125%, it's wonderful for text and on steam (i have it set that way now) but it skews some other things.