1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Invisible blocks in ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Buttons_1, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Buttons_1

Buttons_1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi!

I've just encountered invisible blocks in a doorway on my ship.

So I removed the door that was there, that didn't work. I removed all the blocks in the vicinity, including the back panels, that didn't work either. I tried closing and restarting the game, and no, that didn't work either.

So then did a google search and found an old thread here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/invisible-blocks-in-my-ship.116369/ I then did as this thread suggested and placed dirt blocks all around the invisible blocks, even behind the invisible blocks (I couldn't place the dirt above or below the invisible blocks, since the archway of the door was there. And I couldn't, of course, place any dirt ON the invisible blocks themselves, because that space was occupied by invisible blocks). Alas, doing all this didn't work either. (I also used the fish to break the blocks in all said efforts, just in case that made a difference, but no, that didn't work either) I'm guessing I'm dealing with an invisible door, maybe?

Shakes fist futilely in frustration

Perhaps I'm dumb and doing it wrong, which wouldn't surprise me.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

(I recently got a crewman from a quest, but I don't see how that would have caused the problem - just grasping at straws on that anyway)

2. Buttons_1

here's an image of the in blocks in question

Attached Files:

3. Buttons_1

Update: After strenuous bashing at the invisible blocks, I've come to the conclusion that they may not be invisible blocks at all, but rather some sort of glitch that causes the game to think the door that was there is still closed. The door is removed, I removed it when I encountered the issue earlier, but the game somehow seems to think that's not the case. I mean, I'm not saying that this is the case for certain, but it's the best idea I can come up with atm.

So any ideas on how I could fix this issue...? Any advice would be appreciated at this point.

4. Buttons_1

Still got the issue, if anybody out there might be familiar with it?

5. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Check your log file. Its called starbound.log (no numbers)
    Starbound/storage
    You can paste it here using pastebin.com

6. Buttons_1

Um, first of all, sorry about the delay.

Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what good the log would do? As far as i can tell it records certain types of activity, since it's a log, but there is nothing remotely close to block records or anything like that there.

7. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Because it could be a mod issue.