Modding Help inventoryFilters Help!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by TeddyMadBlue, Dec 1, 2019.

1. TeddyMadBlue

TeddyMadBlue Void-Bound Voyager

I am trying add my own categories for items linked to player inventory, so i want an specific item in the foodBag with my categories, for example, a bannana with the category tag "bannana" in the inventory food zone.

Well i tried that modifying 2 files;

--- "player.config.patch" where i tried link the new category to my inventory's food place:

[
    { "op": "replace", "path" : "/inventoryFilters/foodBag", "value": { "tagWhitelist" : [ "semilla" ] } }
    ]

--- "categories.config.patch" where i created my new category:

[
    {
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/labels/semilla",
    "value": "Semilla."
    ]

Ok, this still dont work, if someone can help me please... i am not a good coder in this game...

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The 2nd question like this in a short while. I have no idea why people want to mess with categories all a sudden. Is there really a need to? Anyhow...

This patch builder and tester may help you - https://chbrown.github.io/rfc6902/
    And in general you want to patch things as surgically as possible. Replacing entire bags (when you only want to add 1 or 2 things) will break inventory mods for example. But that patch builder should make it in a way that it won't really be a problem.

edit:
    I'll point out the inventory filtering is a combination of white/backlists for not only categories, but item tags and base types. And that means you not only need to set up whitelists where it can go, but put it on blacklists in some other locations to make sure it can't also go there. If you find your inventory is rapidly flipping between pages, you missed this.

TeddyMadBlue likes this.