Announcement Introducing... Eastward!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by superconsole, Apr 26, 2018.

1. superconsole

superconsole Queen of Chickens Chucklefish

Hi everyone!
    We have another game announcement for you all! We’re very excited to be partnering with Pixpil, a small studio in Shanghai, to bring you Eastward!

Eastward is an adventure game combining RPG elements, with a visual style inspired by 90s Japanese animation. The game was built around pixel artist Hong Moran’s original intricate post-apocalyptic pixel designs, and the team’s joint love of the Mother and The Legend of Zelda series, inspiring them to create a narrative-driven RPG with a soft sci-fi storyline.
    In the not-too-distant future, the world around is falling to ruin, as the human population shrinks to an all-time low. You play as a hardworking digger named John, who discovers a mysterious young girl in a secret facility underneath his digging site. After being exiled from his village, John must guide this girl through dangerous decaying cities, inhabited by hordes of monsters and a quirky cast of characters!

[​IMG]

Eastward’s emotional story and beautifully rich and vibrant world has been brought to life using a combination of 3D lighting and retro-pixel style artwork, powered by a game engine of Pixpil’s own making. Development on the game started in 2015 with only 3 studio members, and since then has grown to match the game’s ambition, also bringing on board the talents of soundtrack composer Joel Corelitz (Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan & The Tomorrow Children, Gorogoa) and sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks.

You can find out more about Eastward on the game’s website and twitter, or follow the developers on the Pixpil twitter and tumblr.
    Check back on the forum for more information as the game progresses!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Sylmatic

Sylmatic Space Hobo

I need to buy this ASAP.

Axe Garian, Focean and superconsole like this.
      • TakaMyo

TakaMyo Orbital Explorer

Amazing ,a future success :)

Axe Garian and superconsole like this.
        • Uiro

Uiro Space Hobo

I've seen the trailer, can't wait till this comes out! :meowsic: Keep up the good work guys!

• Mouldy_Seb

Mouldy_Seb Space Hobo

I'm so bloody excited <333

• TaarakVakil

TaarakVakil Tentacle Wrangler

It reminds me of Gravity Falls..... can't wait to try it out!

• Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Super excited for this one! It looks gorgeous, like I already can't get over how good the color palette and art style is. Just the way the characters move is a pleasure to look at and not to mention the music and adorable sounding plot! Can't wait!

• superconsole

superconsole Queen of Chickens Chucklefish

I'm obsessed with watching dev gifs of the environmental animations, like grass rustling - so beautiful!
                  I love your avatar btw!! Cute~

Axe Garian, TaarakVakil and Yaushibee like this.
                  • irene21000

irene21000 Void-Bound Voyager

WOW!!!Looks awesome!:3

• gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

It reminds me of Earthbound actually except with Real Time combat.

Axe Garian likes this.
                      • Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

These two characters reminds me of Last of Us for some reason...

Axe Garian likes this.
                        • Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

There is definitely some Parallel between the two... both are about a adult guy taking in & helping out a little girl. The circumstances of the World, the Tech Level, & the combat power of the Characters may be different though. ;) (I never got to play The Last of Us... makes me sad... I never got to know much anything about Ellie aside from stuff like Game Trailers & even from that alone, I think Ellie is adorable... :cry: ... I wonder if Sam will turn out to be adorable...?)

For the Topic: I just found out about Eastward by coincidence just a bit ago. I'd like to know more about the game then what i've been able to glean from its Announcement Trailer, but that Trailer was interesting enough to have me put this game on my Radar. I'll be keeping an eye on it. :up:

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Any new news about this game?

• Jeffthaniel

Jeffthaniel Space Hobo

I've been following since the very first announcement and still am! I still can't wait!

• Planerok

Planerok Hey, You!

Я не молодею) ребята когда там новый анонс, хочеться до свадьбы поиграть)

I'm not getting younger) guys, when there is a new announcement, I want to play before the wedding)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2021
                                • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Planerok As per the rules, all posts must be in English or provide a translation. I've added one for you this time but it's your responsibility from now on.