Interplanetary Quests

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by sagenth, Jul 7, 2017.

1. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

I recently just started playing Starbound again, mainly due to the recent update expanding exploration.

Anyways I just talked to an NPC, and she said "An outlaw has escaped to our planet". That gave me the idea, and I subsequently thought how much better it would be if the quest was a prisoner/outlaw recently escaped to Planet Q. If the player could somehow detain them, that'd be pretty cool too. Could add an entire bounty hunting series of features, ship holding cells for instance.

Anybody diggin this?

2. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, it's a space game, isn't it? It's weird that quests (excluding the main quest) never involve space travel. I wouldn't want it to be real common, but it would be nice for variety. It could tie into the 1.3 content very well too, e.g. sometimes the escaped bandit might not be on another planet, but on a hostile ship orbiting a certain star.

florinblain likes this.
  3. florinblain

florinblain Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sounds like a very good and pretty obvious addition to me. There are plenty of opportunities for interplanetary quests - delivering people to settlements on other planets, or space stations or friendly ships, cargo runs between space stations/settlements, etc.

soarin24 likes this.
  4. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

Bounty Hunting? Hot dang, that sounds great.