1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Intermittent disconnect when going to sleep (unmodded install)

Discussion in 'Support' started by tclkage, Nov 30, 2019.

1. tclkage

tclkage Space Hobo

My wife and son and I just recently started playing Stardew again to check out the 1.4 content (woot!). We've been experiencing intermittent disconnects when going to sleep. The symptoms are that the host's screen will just go black, and the other two players receive an error saying the host disconnected. The host doesn't recover from the black screen and needs to force quit - key note that the other players receive the disconnect error prior to the force quit. No error log shows up in \StardewValley\ErrorLogs - but we do see the following error in \StardewValley\DisconnectLogs

Disconnected at : 11:17:43 - HostLeft Ping: 2 friends/invite

We're running 1.4 entirely unmodded (no use of mods prior to update either - entirely vanilla install). Things that I've come across in other threads that don't apply to us; Fish Pond or Refrigerator inventory issues (we don't have either in our game yet), not having all of the tools in your personal inventory (we carry all of our tools), having empty spaces within your inventory (we've tried all empty, all full, all lined up - doesn't seem to reliably trigger one way or the other), mined resources being sold (we've had crashes on days with no mining being done).

I'm not running 3rd party AV or Firewall software on these PCs, just vanilla Windows 10. We're playing on Steam, not a LAN party. Checking Netstat shows no loss of internet access during these drops. I'm figuring it's something tied to the 1.4 update, as we haven't had this experience prior - although it's been half a year since we were last playing. Just thought I'd put it out there that these drops are happening to unmodded installs as well - since focus seems to be more on tracking down mod incompatibility right now.

• tclkage

tclkage Space Hobo

UPDATE: I found that when my screen (or my wife's if she's hosting) goes black, and the other players all get disconnected, if the host player just leaves their screen alone for a few minutes - eventually the host player recovers and the game is saved and the next day happens. At that point the other players can log back into the shared game. I can't find a trigger for this - maybe happens once or twice every hour or two of playing on average, and it happens regardless of which member in my household is hosting. Since we can still save eventually, it's more of an annoyance than it was before.

• tclkage

tclkage Space Hobo

UPDATE #2: When the host's screen goes black and the other players are disconnected, when they come back in after the save eventually occurs, the disconnected players will have missed their chance to level up in any skills that advanced during that day. We're in a cycle of disconnects every single night, and the booted players have a growing backlog of skills that are ready to level up but can't yet.