Modding Discussion Interface: Chuckle sometimes you kills me!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by coolsp0t, Jan 20, 2014.

1. coolsp0t

coolsp0t Phantasmal Quasar

Hi Chuckle,

I got a lot of questions for you, because im working and sometimes hating your mod system:

The reference resolution is default set by 1000*500 px. This resolution is the biggest fail i ever seen, because 1000*500 is a screenformat 16:10 on 15Inch Screens. Why not using 1024*768? If i use your RefResolution i get doublepixel lines (GFX Glitch) on all 4:3 and 16:9 Screens with all Resolutions which i can choose in optionsmenu. Fixed when changing this to 1024*768! If maded are all 15 Inch Screens and smaller are not supported. Who in this time has a 15 Inch Screen on PC or Laptop? รดรถ

What affects "zlevel : 1". It changes nothing when i edit this?

Where are the interpolation entry for the item thumbs? I cant find this for inventory & actionbar.

Why all windows can be anchored to another position, why not the Playerbar and the bar on the TopRight which shows buttons to the inventory and shows the amount of money?

Why i cant change the amount of chuncks for Players Health & Energy bar? In the monsterbar i can change this.

Hot suggestions:

--- All windowconfigs needs a normstructure. The menupoints in the structure of the most config files are not sorted. Its placed total random. Also an default anchor for all windows! Some windows has the default anchor on TopLeft, some on BottomLeft. Also no documentation or tips about that included. Sry, but thats a deal which i cant understand.

--- The config files from interface needs invokes or hooks to another config files to build a real interface! I seen that an option is avaibled to get an invoke to a config file like it is by the 3DPrinterSettings, but this cant create a new window!

--- Seperate Max & MinInterpolation for interface GFX and Game GFX like player, monsters, tiles and so on!

Some good refinings, but not really necessary or hot. :)

--- a Reload Config button. I have figured out that, when you edit not grafical related entries. You only need to go back to title and start the game to reload config files. I guess for the most things its enough, but a button like this would sweeten the work. :D I guess when its possible to make a custom interface, i can do a button like this by my own.

Thanks for recognizing me. You had made a damn good work done for your ingame content modsystem, but your interface system is a killer for real grafic designers. :D Hope anyone can help me where i can find the entry for the itemthumbs.