Interesting Starter Swords Mod versus "Broken" Starter Weapons

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by L3W, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Would you like to see the "broken" starter weapons get fixed? Why or Why not?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2015.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I used to use this mod all the time a while back when I played Starbound a lot because I believe it has potential to be in the vanilla game. Lets face it the "broken" starter weapons not being able to be fixed is demoralizing. I recently got back into Starbound because of the update upbeat giraffe. I found all my favorite mods, but none of them were updated to that version. So, anyways back when I first found this mod by Author: dantronix called Interesting Starter Swords. I was pretty amazed by how cool the weapons looked with each tier upgrade and how balanced they were. If only this mod was in the vanilla game.. This mod hasn't been updated since Enraged Koala, so I can't even use it anymore :c Anyways I really dislike the fact that your starter weapons can't be fixed at all in the vanilla game period. Oh, but you can "fix" your ship and upgrade it so why not a simple weapon? I really would like some lore on how the starter weapon was made or where it was bought or stolen. I just think the developers should do more with that because it bothers me that they still haven't done anything with them, but they take time to add new legendary weapons which are cool and all, but.. *sigh* Anyways I really do appreciate the work the developers have put into Starbound as well as all the talented mod creators. I hope this game will be even better when it is a full non-beta game. :) Novakids weren't a race at the time and were still in their planning stage, so there are no tiers in this mod for them. Also their guns don't start off broken, but should still be upgraded as well. I leave that to the developers if they choose to add dantronix's mod to their game.

Link to the Interesting Starter Sword page:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/interesting-starter-swords.1235/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. dantronix

dantronix Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the kind words, L3W. I created that mod because I felt exactly the same way. Too bad this thread didn't pick up any traction. I would love to see something like this in vanilla, for sure. Wish I had the time to update my mod.

3. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Yeah, I really liked using them. And now the vanilla swords aren't even in the game anymore... If you need help with updating them to 1.0, then let me know.

4. dantronix

dantronix Big Damn Hero

You are very welcome to take the mod of if you'd like. I would be glad to provide you my assets if you want. I would love to see it updated but I simply don't have any time to work on it.