1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting New Screenshot from Tiy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Has anyone actually gotten into that room in the Apex Mission? It's over here:
    20160706191756_1.jpg
    There was a suspicious panel that was linked to two objects far, far to the left of it about mid-way through the mission. Is there a way to teleport through that door?

2. Nefer007

Here, have Big Ape as Andross!
    20160706193527_1.jpg

The Squid and Zebe like this.
  3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I don't know if there's a way to teleport through things like that. If you want to get in you could use /settileprotection 0 false and just break the door.

4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Yeah, that's what I did.

Zebe likes this.
  5. Nefer007

I tried spawning in a Translocator, and it actually worked on the 1-tile wide door!
    The hidden room contains a Right Translation Wheel. You have to use a console that shows up in a locked room near the generators and a valve hidden underwater beyond a chest to get in.

Zebe likes this.
  6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

In the nightlies, there's a store near the Outpost called Treasured Trophies. They sell a book that helps you translate the language.

Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 8.49.58 PM.jpg
    The signs in the Apex mission say "12."

Edit: also this is the room with the transition wheel piece
    Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 8.55.09 PM.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Zebe likes this.
  7. Nefer007

The question is, where's the other piece? And where's the .json files for the Hyotl and Floran missions? (Or the Lunar mission, for that matter.)

Or the Ruin. Can I have a .json of that?

8. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I guess you found that already? if not

find it in the mining facility

9. Keyondria

Keyondria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since no one bothered finishing translating the artifacts.. Here they are:
    Floran: "The Bone Trophy"
    Hylotl: "The Mirror of Wisdom"
    Avian: "The Wheel of Kluex"
    Apex: "The Genesis Coil"
    Glitch: "The Regal Medallion"

Also, Squid, those two symbols you found in the Apex mission just translate to 1 and 2. The same ones are found in a secret room in the Erchius mission and are connected to two levers hidden in the mission. When flipped, together they open a hatch leading to one of two Translation Wheels needed to trade in for the Codex you in turn need to translate the Ancient Alphabet itself.

Yes, I actually did translate each individual character.

The Squid likes this.
  10. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

http://starbounder.org/Ancient_Mural_(6)

Might be worthwhile to take a look at. The Novakid description is interesting (didnt someone in here put a theory forward about the novakids or something?)

Zebe likes this.