Modding Discussion Interest in Villagers Talking about your Marriage

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Blackblooddoomwolf, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Blackblooddoomwolf

Blackblooddoomwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I have no idea if this is how I would post this but I’m gonna give it a shot. Lately I’ve been doing a lot of xnb modding of dialogue for my game. It came to my attention though that this may be something that is desirable to others. Basically the idea is to add more lines for every character in the town regarding who you’re married to. Right now I’m working on Shane for heart levels 8 and 10. This is something I haven’t seen a lot of mods for. However, I only want to do this if there is a desire for it. This would also probably take a while for me to write for all of the bachelor/ette for every character at every heart level(?) in every season (?).

Examples from Shane (no images sorry)

Caroline

8 hearts
    “Shane tried to come buy seeds this morning. Poor thing was trying to surprise you. But...it’s Wednesday.”

Alex

10 hearts
    “Okay I’ll admit it. Shane is actually a pretty attractive guy. Not as attractive as me obviously. Ack! I’m joking! I’m joking!”

Abigail

8 hearts
    “Shane is such a flirty drunk! You better keep him locked up or I may try and steal him.”

Something to note, I’m polyamorous so some of the lines I have at 8 and 10 hearts for the bachelor/ettes are very flirty. Some are even somewhat sexual but those would probably be in a separate version put on the nexus to keep kids from getting to them.

Something else to note, I do not have the beta. I don’t intend to get it until the full release so this probably won’t be compatible and any new characters or bachelor/ettes will not have dialogue.

Anyway please let me know if this is something you guys would like to see! Also this idea literally just struck me so pardon me if I’m a little disorganized. Also, Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
      Jonesy, Shellark and .Lavender. like this.
    • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

I love the idea of this! :)

blouwho? likes this.
      • blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

sounds cool

• Rebochan

Rebochan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is an awesome idea, I'd love to pair it with the various dialog mods I've been getting to expand the marriage candidate dialogs :)

• Blackblooddoomwolf

Since several people seem interested I think I will try and work on this. I will probably release a version with each individual character and then one that compiles them all when (if) I finish. I do want to hear everyone's opinions on the content of the dialogue. Are you guys fine with dialogue at the tenth heart being more polyamorous and flirty? Also are you fine with the more sexual context within that tenth heart dialogue (again if it contains sexual content it will likely be on Nexus only)? Or should I remove it for the mod version and simply keep it for my own use? Once I release the first one things should go faster as I will have finished working on other dialogue edits that I'm doing on my initial run through.

• PennyRoyalTea

PennyRoyalTea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really love that idea! Thank you for thinking of us and wanting to share your wonderful work :nuruflirt:
              In my opinion, I would love some more flirty content (maybe not all of the bachelore/ettes going crazy hahah) since if they have a crush on you they might not care abour your partner. About the more sexual content - I'd prefer if you did a seperate version, yeah.
              But that's just my opinion, right. Again, thank you for your hard work! <3

• Blackblooddoomwolf

I’ve started to lean that way more myself as well to be honest. The 10 heart dialogue options are definitely flirty and they tend to address the fact that they don’t mind that the farmer has a husband/wife or that they would be interested in a relationship with both. Provided both the farmer and whoever you married to is comfortable with it. As for the sexual content I think I’m going to move it into my marriage dialogue anyway. Which at the moment I don’t plan to share. (Because I’m quickly realizing writing 96+ pieces of dialogue with all the for each character isn’t easy so that sounds overwhelming) it doesn’t fit with the mood I was going for anyway. The most I’ll get into is some vague suggestiveness. I’ll add an example of what I mean tomorrow.

Thanks for your kind words! The versions with Shane and Abigail (when I get to her) were going to be written anyway so I don’t see any use in keeping it to myself when others like the idea. As for the other characters it will give me a reason to try romancing characters I don’t usually go for.

• Rebochan

Rebochan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The more I think on it, the more it really does make sense - you can only get to 10 hearts with a marriage candidate if you were officially dating them! So it makes sense they'd be more flirty with you.

Light innuendo is pretty in character with this game honestly... nothing explicit but c'mon, you have to go get Lewis' shorts at one point and Haley apparently keeps posting requests for eggplants and cucumbers for "personal reasons" so really now, it's not even out of character ;)

• ken.the.caboose

ken.the.caboose Aquatic Astronaut

This is awesome! I've been chatting with other polyam players about a want for something like this, I'd be excited to see it!