Instruments?

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Alternal, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Would instruments be a cool aspect?

1. Yey!

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Ney!

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I just had a strange thought. What if we had instruments in game? Maybe something along the lines of the Harp in Terraria, or even just plain instruments. Drums, Guitar, Basses, Violins, and everything else.
    It could add a cool atmosphere you know? Like in an online server you could make bars and clubs, hire some guys, and get music.

Perhaps it could be along the lines of "This key = this note" or something like that.

It need some fine tuning but what do you people think?

2. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

good idea.

3. Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

I am.. suprised, actually. -mad reference-
    This is a good idea! Like, when you first equip a certian type of instrument (drum, string, guitar-like, brass) it starts a tutorial that tells you how to play, and then you can select a certian song from your song bank (from your media player's files) and then you press certian keys when that key hits a certian note (GUITAR HERO FTW) and it makes that sound, so you can play -for example- Sexy And I Know It or something. And you say, 'invite [playername] performance' and if they accept they'll automatically teleport to you and have a message that either says "Get an instrument and play!" or "get out there and play!" depending on whether they have an instrument on them.

4. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

hell yeah i'd love a guitar (it could double as a weapon/hammer) then i show up with pvp off and play the good the bad and the ugly theme in the middle of a battle,

5. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

HEY i got a new idea! This could be used or a ... QUEST! you could just be playing (a random time) a NPC will come to you and then give you the quest. Many versions of the quest will list them below.

Quest

Retrive a instrument for he that he lost cus a gang (group) of bandits stole it.

Or they could be other ones and each time yo uplay there will be a % to get the other quests. (im not sure what the others could me right now)

Feel free to reply with ideas :)

6. Fireninja404

Fireninja404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

that's actually a good idea! it could allow much more gameplay for the musicly talented and something fun to mess around with for others :p
    also, Avian guitar solo

7. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

Give me a death-harp and I'll sing you a song!

8. creepwolf

death waltz?

9. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

More of a deathsco!

10. Alternal

Wow I'm glad for all the support :)
    I play violin, guitar, and I also sing so I thought, why not add some wicked instruments into this?

I like that quest part as well, find lost ones, get some as rewards, and have maybe different levels of them, which could add some neat trading systems!

Sham likes this.
  11. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

I play euphonium; been going strong for nine years now!

12. Alternal

You don't hear that very often X)

13. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

It takes a special type of awesome to handle so much brass.

14. Alternal

So I hear. ;D

15. Glitchyroach

Glitchyroach Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Instruments would make an interesting type of vanity item, It would break past the idea that all vanity items have to be stat-less clothes.

JaniceKing likes this.
  16. Alternal

Hm, that could actually lead to a bunch of simple, maybe useless items that you can pick up and use. Maybe go around throwing spoons at people!

17. Clad in Plaid

Clad in Plaid Cosmic Narwhal

Make the music system like LotRO, and I will be extremely satisfied.

18. Gumdrop Meadowz

Gumdrop Meadowz Cosmic Narwhal

You think you're too much? I play saxophone. One brutally played is one too much! I play piano and sing, also... What a surprise, a thread about instruments luring in people who play instruments?! Nah...

Maybe add a key-tar for some spacey grooves! Synthesizer, too?

JaniceKing and Alternal like this.
  19. creepwolf

i play guitar and i know the tiniest bit of a song on piano (no chords or anything)

Alternal likes this.
  20. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

good for a minigame but don't forget this game is not about playing music o_O