1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Instruments Now Crash Game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by John Magus, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrInanimated

MrInanimated Tentacle Wrangler

If you're crashing from the character select screen the bug you're experiencing is probably different from the one me and Knyte are experiencing; according to my log files, all that's happening is Starbound detecting an error and shutting down. I don't think anything's being corrupted.

2. Terkup

Terkup Phantasmal Quasar

I got Knyte's Songbook.config, and it worked for a while, but when I tested the Skyrim theme it crashed while getting the note "C MAJ" according to the log.

Error: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("C MAJ")
    007DFA64 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:14)
    005BB288 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarAny.hpp:488)
    005BD6B7 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarSongbook.cpp:90)
    00526C6F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarPlayer.cpp:792)
    0052C441 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarPlayer.cpp:665)
    004F31B5 (C:/starbound/source/game/StarUniverseClient.cpp:143)
    00404CDF (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:559)
    00407337 (C:/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:368)
    0040A244 (C:/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
    00407C5F (C:/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:48)
    004DBDD1 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

This is fixed by editing the only instance of this note, listed as "CMAJ"(Sorry, no way of counting lines right now, downloading notepad++ as of writing this though), adding a space.

3. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

ah great. launching angry coala version makes sense to me again. i've only been playing music in starbound for a while and the angry version seems to be way to broken to be enjoyable anyways.

4. Knyte

Knyte Contact!

This is not caused by the Songbook bug, merely an issue with the .abc file. If encountered in the future or by anyone else you can deduce this by trying to play canon in D, if it works then Starbound is working properly in regards to the bug this thread is talking about. (unless you messed with that file of course).

The file I provided will only fix the songbook.config bug that MrInanimated and I were talking about.

5. Looka

Looka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same problem here... I try to play guitar and the game crashes.

6. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

Converted and uploaded a piano version of the Skyrim theme (and other Skyrim and Simon the Sorcerer songs) that should sound much better on 1 or 2 instruments than a full orchestral version.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!t1lVnLqQ!dtSXd3ftQKrfMYedGiFgLVQvjmNTEkRjrr7gjSXaiQQ

Knyte likes this.
  7. Knyte

Knyte Contact!

We fixed it yo! read back in the thread a bit.

8. Godd2

Godd2 Tentacle Wrangler

Knyte and MrInanimated like this.
  9. MrInanimated

MrInanimated Tentacle Wrangler

Ah, my bad.

That makes a lot more sense that BM and EM would point to D and G respectively. Thanks.

10. Knyte

Knyte Contact!

Hey good job =)

I went back and edited my old post and directed them to yours. For anyone wondering the quoted post is the proper fix.

11. thewolfmi

thewolfmi Aquatic Astronaut

Yowza. I think i'll just wait for the crew to fix this one. I'm not fiending for this to be working right away.

12. Sergeant Sneeky-Pants

Sergeant Sneeky-Pants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey guys, I know this is gunna make me sound like a complete noob (which I am anyway so whatever), but where exactly do I save the songbook.config file? I searched the starbound directory for it, and found two files by the same name, but of different sizes and locations.
    Nevermind, figured out what I'd done wrong! =D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  13. phanpy

phanpy Space Hobo

Yeah, but it happened only after i crashed it a few times from playing an instrument.

14. Decivre

Decivre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It still crashes when I play Sonata (Zapateado), even after using Godd2's fix. Can anyone else confirm this problem?

15. Knyte

Knyte Contact!

i am using the updated file that was just released as a hotfix and tested it, i did indeed crash with the following error.

Error: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("C % 0 SHARPS")

if you open sonata (zapateado) and remove line 8 completely it fixes the file.

OOOR replace with this one
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hx8huw6rpcj045/Sonata (Zapateado).abc

Link may break after a few hours, if so just follow instructions above. Line 8 seems to be just info about the song, it doesn't seem to be necessary for the file to work.

16. Atraeus

Atraeus Intergalactic Tourist

Doing the same thing to sarabande, bourree and awake sweet love fixed crashes for me. Thanks.

17. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Remove the % comment, bartwe said the ABC interpreter is currently breaking on % comments on Key: lines (it isn't ignoring the comment, thinks it is part of the Key.)

If you've already removed the entire line, just put it back... all four of these songs are K:C

18. Knyte

Knyte Contact!

I admit I am just learning how these files work but what exactly do those first 8 or so line do cause I hear no real differance.

19. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

http://abcnotation.com/wiki/abc:standard:v2.1

I believe the default key is C, so the K:C is just being explicit.

20. Knyte

Knyte Contact!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.