1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Instrumental Headstart 2.1

Give all currently available instruments to newly created characters.

1. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

curiouslyExistential submitted a new mod:

Instrumental Headstart - Give all currently available instruments to newly created characters.

Read more about this mod...

2. curiouslyExistential

3. curiouslyExistential

4. Lucky Bandit

Lucky Bandit Master Chief

I downloaded this and my game will not pass the loading screen and I know it's this mod because when I take it out my game is fine.

5. DemonSchaduw

DemonSchaduw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

if you have read the updates of this mod you would know, that it is currently not working..

6. curiouslyExistential

Yeah, I'm working on it. I never updated this mod to use the __merge method and now it seems this update in particular breaks it. So I need to change everything to the merge method, which is the correct method to be using.

7. Alsehr

Alsehr Pangalactic Porcupine

I have been trying to figure out why your mod won't work with Furious Koala, it seems that they have moved or removed the Treasure files, and I cannot find them for the life of me...

8. curiouslyExistential

Unrelated (I think). It's due to the new .pak system. All asset files are packed to make things quicker. Use the resource unpacker, and unpack the resources somewhere.
    Then again, I haven't looked myself. Maybe they actually did remove them? I'm not sure.

9. Alsehr

I did attempt to unpack that, still can't find the missing treasure files. I'll keep looking, but so far nothing. I kind of rely on your mod to do testing for my songpack.

10. curiouslyExistential

Weird. I see the treasure files just fine when I unpack it. Anyway, I'm working on things right now. Mainly converting it all to use __merge instead of replacing the entire file. But if it's really super important to you to get this going immediately, I can just work on getting the mod itself as it stands working again. Only catch is, you can't use any other mod that modifies the default starter treasure pools. (Or modify the files yourself).

The main problem I'm having with __merge is that I've put a lot of lines in there. That's all. I'm just hoping that it actually works even if I do it that way. I'm not really sure what broke it with this update. Using it alone causes crashes, and that really weirds me out.

11. Alsehr

Are you sure they aren't just the old files, undeleted? After reinstalling starbound, mine don't exist.

12. curiouslyExistential

Hm. No, I'm not entirely sure. I'm going to try clearing out my assets folder and letting steam validate.

13. curiouslyExistential

I unpacked a fresh .pak file. Everything is there.

14. Alsehr

Including the treasure pool files? D=

15. curiouslyExistential

Yup, even including those. I don't know what's going on, on your end.

16. Alsehr

I don't know either. I unpacked the freshly downloaded .pak file from steam, and it is still missing certain files...

17. curiouslyExistential

That is incredibly strange.
    Hmm.. Anyway, I'm working on it now. I hope it actually works.

18. Alsehr

It was just taking a long time.. sigh.

19. Alsehr

Fixed your mod. Give me a minute and I'll PM you a link to a fixed version.

20. curiouslyExistential

Oh okay, that'd be very kind of you.