instant fishing mod for mac? injury is preventing me from having fun

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Parrish, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Parrish

Parrish Seal Broken

Hi, I have moderate to severe carpel tunnel that is pending surgery, and I am having a really hard time with the fishing minigame. i've scoured the forums looking for a mod for mac, but all the answers seem to be 'get better and fishing becomes easier' and 'get a pc'. I've managed to get to level 5 (quite painfully) but it's just become to difficult for me, and I can't catch any fish that bounce around a lot because my reflexes aren't great due to thumb pain and overall suck-y-ness. I know I can't use the PC mods because duh, and I have hoping any mac users might have found a way to achieve this mod yet? I'm very new to modding and I just want to have fun playing my favourite game.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, or if you can point me in the right direction to a solution

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

• Parrish

Parrish Seal Broken

I originally replied to this thread saying that it crashed my computer but I have tweaked with it a little bit and managed to get it to work with my computer. Thank you so much for all your help, for some reason I couldn't find this information anywhere else! Thank you 1 million times over now I can play my favourite game without any pain!! (And I love that your brother's nickname is the same as my name)

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
      • PommieTurtles

PommieTurtles Void-Bound Voyager

If you don't mind me asking but how did you do this? I have a Mac so downloading mods have always been a trouble ^^

Thanks!

• Parrish

Parrish Seal Broken

I'm not exactly sure how I did it precisely, but i think this is what I did. I'm going to post some picture too if that helps.
          At first I couldn't find my library folder in my finder, so I clicked on the 'GO' tab and pressed ALT and it appeared. I then went into APPLICATION SUPPORT. I found my steam folder, and clicked on it, and entered the folder STEAMAPPS, where I then clicked on the folder COMMON, and found stardew valley. It says contents, click on that, then click on RESOURCES. When in resources click on CONTENT, and all the components of the game are there, and the files holding certain components. I clicked on DATA. i didnt delete anything, and dragged the new file there.

now because i didn't delete anything from the DATA file (i originally did and it crashed my game), the game will still prompt you to do the mini game for fishing, you don't have to move the bobber or anything because the fish stays still at the bottom of the meter, so there's no need to even do anything except watch until you catch the fish. It's very simple. The reason my game crashed when I originally deleted the original fish.xnb file, that file held both the minigame data AND the fish sprite data, so it crashed because I had deleted the way the fish shows up in the game, so try not to delete anything.
          Hopefully this works, but I'm not 100% sure if I did this exactly, it was a lot of trial and error. This was my first time modding ANYTHING, so I imagine if you fiddle with it it will work for you.

Hopefully it works! and I hope the pictures are helpful

Attached Files:

• PommieTurtles

PommieTurtles Void-Bound Voyager

THANK YOU! I was able to get to my Steam Folder and to the data, I just need to know which mod I need to download

I can't thank you enough for all your time and support, hows your Stardew Valley game going?

• Kasha

Kasha Space Hobo

Thank you for the information on where to find the Mac files! That was so helpful!!!!