1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Initiation Quest Bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sangreal, May 4, 2017.

1. Sangreal

Sangreal Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I'm stuck on Initiation Quest and can't progress. My objective is to kill 10 slimes, and after slimes are killed, counter simply doesn't change. I've tried green and blue slimes, crabs (as some ppl wrote that it worked).

I couldn't find any answer anywhere how to fix that, so maybe someone will help me here :).

Thank you in advance for your help:)

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

First make sure your game is fully up to date. I know there are some fixes they pushed out recently; at least for the side of that quest that crashes. Not sure if it also fixes the inaccurate monster target.

But, you can also zip up your save here & I can take a closer look for you.

Save file locations:
      Windows: %AppData%\StardewValley\Saves\
      OSX: /Users/yourusername/.config/StardewValley/Saves
      Linux: ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves/

• Sangreal

Sangreal Void-Bound Voyager

I hope for the best :)

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Thanks, I took a look. It seems it was bugged with some data for a skeleton as well as some data for green slimes. I removed the bad quest data, and added in a good version. Killing Green Slimes for the initiation quest should work now. But, let me know if you have any other issues.

Attached Files:

• carlopex97

carlopex97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@MysticTempest i have the same pronle could you help me?in that savefile the mission disappeared cause i changed something on the carlopex_184801571 trying to fx the problem but didn't worked, now i dont see the mission and also i cant enter the adventurer guild

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2018
            • MysticTempest

Here you go, I re-added the slime initiation quest for you. You should be good to go now, but if you come across any other issues let me know.

Edit: I just noticed you're on v1.3 with farmhands. I'm not too familiar yet with questing in multiplayer. So, I also have this alternate download where everyone gets the Initiation quest again; just in case you need that. The "all players fixed" one.

While, "carlopex_184801571" is host only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2018
              • carlopex97

carlopex97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It worked thanks a lot mate (the multiplayer one)

MysticTempest likes this.
                • grimmnreaper66

grimmnreaper66 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this same issue in multiplayer, and I'm not sure if it is with single player too but to explain how my quest bugged.
                  I joined a friend who was in summer 7th of year one and was at floor 70 of the mines when I joined.

I didn't have mail for the mines until the next day so inniating the quest didn't happen until I was already down to floor 80 and when the next day came around when I had checked my mail again. I got the quest for killing the 10 green slimes but when I went to kill them nothing happened. so I spent about 30 minutes trying to find someway to find my data on my friends save and browsing this forum and others to try the other tricks of killing crabs, until i found out that my green slimes turned into skeletons because of previous poster had something similar happen and i dug into the save files of them and the fixed codes.

After this line in the save "<targetMessage>The elementals are pleased with the job you did. Here's your payment, as promised.</targetMessage>" is the <monsterName> and instead of Green Slime it was skeleton. I noticed this because of the previous post in the "allplayers fixed.zip" where after target message was <monsterName>Green Slime. So i tried it out and yup they were the skeletons on floor 70 through 80 from when I joined, finished quest without editing any save files.

Going to include the save file just in case you guys wanted it. It's not the completed quest one yet as I am waiting on 2 players to both have time off so we can go to the next day and create another save.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Thanks for sharing this info! It's a good report, and unmodified save.

Could you also see about posting this in the main thread for some extra visibility: https://community.playstarbound.com...ey-multiplayer-beta-known-issues-fixes.142850

• squigglyruth

squigglyruth Pangalactic Porcupine

I think it needs you to do whatever is the first monster you kill. This was a pre-existing bug but before multiplayer the only other monster people occasionally ended up with was rock crabs. Now it can be other monsters lower down the mines because of multiplayer.

• grimmnreaper66

grimmnreaper66 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yup i will post it in main thread and add squiqqly's comment on it as well so people can see that as well :)

• cxlealxf

cxlealxf Lucky Number 13

me and a friend we have the same problem of killing 0 of 10 slimes in multiplayer could anyone help me? This is the game save
                          Thank you very much in advance =)

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Here you go. I tested in singleplayer on my end, and it looks good to go. But, I gave both of you the quest.

Attached Files:

cxlealxf likes this.
                            • cxlealxf

cxlealxf Lucky Number 13

Thx very much bro =)

• Dime

Dime Space Hobo

Could you check out my save aswell? My game crashes upon loading the save after the initiation quest bugged.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Here give this one a try. It looks like the game thought you had killed all 10 already; so it wouldn't proceed on registering new slime kills.
                                  I did not experience any crash even with the bugged quest. So, you'll have to test that. But, I can confirm the Initiation Quest is fixed.

Attached Files:

• Breannaxbebe

Breannaxbebe Master Chief

Hi are you still fixing the quest. The game is up to date, the save does have mods and I did try it on the non mods version but the it's same in the mods version.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Sure! Here's a fixed version:

Attached Files:

• Breannaxbebe

Breannaxbebe Master Chief

Thank you :D