Information on Item Decay

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Nerva, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Thankfully the original horribly-short item decay was removed, but lately I've experienced a case of badminnery that's left the exterior of my ship littered with dropped items, most of them weapons.

Since apparently there's no admin command allowing me to go into singleplayer and remove them, by picking them up and trashing them, I'm curious - will these weapons decay, and how long will it take? If they won't, is there any way of getting rid of them, short of wiping my shipworld file?

2. Rotary

Rotary Pangalactic Porcupine

Get the random blink tech and try getting it to go outside.

3. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

That would be a problem. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a Random Blink tech any more, at least not available legitimately. Correct me if I'm wrong and just haven't found it, but please explain how.

Also, it seems a couple relogs have cleaned up the problem. Pfew. I really didn't want to have to recapture my pet cat and then reload a backup of my shipworld file. Just had to beam down to a planet and log out from there.

4. Revortha

Revortha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the default parameters config file that is packed away in the assets it has a time to live of 300.0 (I believe this is for dropped items) I assume that is in seconds so 5 minutes. I have not tested it so I cannot be certain.