1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Infinite Ship Travel at Start

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CpnChase10, Jan 27, 2019.

1. CpnChase10

CpnChase10 Void-Bound Voyager

I started my friend's game and the ship never landed anywhere. I skipped the tutorial because it wouldn't load. It's a new character in a new universe. I let the ship fly for ~6 hours and it was still stuck. Tried deleting the universe and verifying the integrity of the files but to no avail. I compared the mods on his computer to mine. We have the same mods and mine works fine, yet only his computer has this problem. I also tried removing all his mods and ensuring that we both have the exact same mods. Nothing changes. Next I decided I would try removing all criteria for finding the right starter system using a random start mod, just in case the issue was that it couldn't find a suitable system. It still does the same thing. We completely deleted his character, universe and the game, re-installed everything, and still nothing. I am at a complete loss of ideas, and I haven't found any forums offering a solution that we have not already tried. Any help would be greatly appreciated. His logs are attached below in a zip file.

Attached Files:

2. Lunar Eye Gaming

Lunar Eye Gaming Phantasmal Quasar

[12:11:45.659] [Error] Exception caught in Thread UniverseServer: (NetworkException) Cannot bind socket to 25.2.190.108:21025: T
    This error seems to be the problem. It appeared in every log except for the 4th one. I looked up the "cannot bind socket" part, and I can conclude that the cause of this error is using a dedicated server. Does your friend use a dedicated server? Unfortunately, I know practically nothing about using one; I'll still try to help.