Increase refrigerator space after second house upgrade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aurora Paradox, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Aurora Paradox

Aurora Paradox Astral Cartographer

I'd like to request to your refrigerator space be increased after the second house upgrade. I'm nearly out of fridge space with all the crops and fish I'm storing in it. I'm currently on my first winter.

Is this change possible?

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

yes please!
      Enough space for 1 of everything!
      or make it so we can put stuff in cabinets/freezer.... something! anything! so I can keep all the ingredients to make whatever I want when I want it :3 please please please!

insultobot likes this.
      • ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

OMG yes plz, i really really need that

• JulesC

JulesC Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, please add this. Either directly via house 3 upgrade, buyable from Robin or just by putting chests in the kitchen - more space is needed!

• Aurora Paradox

Glad to see I'm not the only one running out of space in my fridge.

• Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Or if we could use the many cupboards as storing space same as fridges

AtomosomotA and Aurora Paradox like this.
              • DuckDuckMoose

DuckDuckMoose Space Hobo

The whole of the kitchen should definitely be useful. It's such a space-waster to have nothing except the fridge and the stove be functional. Having chests everywhere is just ugly. It also makes cooking much more difficult as when things are in the fridge you can just click the recipe and it's done. Items stored in the cabinets, etc of the kitchen should be included in the available ingredients.

Aurora Paradox likes this.
                • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

It's kind of interesting that the kitchen's SPACE gets upgraded with the second house upgrade, but nothing else gets added to it. It's just empty space.

On top of that, not being able to use the cabinets is indeed a real waste.

I hope the cabinets at least get an update so we can make use of them once we get the second house upgrade.

Please make it happen, CA! ^^

• Kartoffy

Kartoffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, I really need more space in my refrigerator. I would also love to see bigger craftable chests with more space :)

• rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i'd also be fine with some chest blueprints that look like cupboards or other holding furniture.

DatRaph, Aurora Paradox and Caudyr like this.
                      • DibJib

DibJib Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

Yes please, I wish to indulge in my video game hoarding habits X3

Nurio, DatRaph and Aurora Paradox like this.
                        • Aurora Paradox

I also wouldn't mind having a fridge with sections.

An example be one section for crops, one section for fish, and another section for other ingredients such as sugar.

I would also welcome the ability to build cupboards.

• Trent

Trent Big Damn Hero

Making the cabinets usable would be such a helpful addition and one that doesn't seem like a great deal of work - to my non coder eyes at least.

insultobot likes this.
                            • AtomosomotA

AtomosomotA Subatomic Cosmonaut

Fantastic ideas!

36 slots are included by default with the basic fridge, (Nowhere near enough for a quality playthrough..)
                              Adding in useable cabinets upon your first house upgrade would be awesome! Maybe have 2 cabinets each with 12 slots.. for an extra 24 items initially.
                              That would be 60 slots available upon your first house upgrade.

In addition, upon your second house upgrade, add in a double door fridge, taking your fridge space up to 72, and increase the amount of cabinets to 3, (36 slots)!
                              For a grand total of 108 slots indexed for cooking!

EDIT:
                              On second thought that may be asking for a bit much...
                              Maybe lower the default fridge to 24 slots, and add the 2 cabinets... (48 slots total)
                              Then upon 2nd upgrade add the double fridge, (36 slots) and add another cabinet..
                              for a grand total of 72!

Either way, Eric Barone, (the sole developer) adding anymore at all would be a big improvement!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                insultobot and Aurora Paradox like this.
                              • EmmaLVV

EmmaLVV Space Spelunker

Being able to upgrade your fridge at Pierre's store would be an awesome feature! I'd love to be able to store all my ingredients in one area, rather than spread out in chests >.<

insultobot likes this.
                                • Breowak

Breowak Astral Cartographer

when you get an add on for your house, it's not like the carpenter is also gonna give you a new fridge for free, the ability to specifically buy a better fridge from the carpenter would be nice though.

• soldyne

soldyne Poptop Tamer

I'll support this idea. I love that we can auto-use the stuff in the fridge to cook with, but, since we don't have enough space to store all the possible ingredients it kind of defeats the point. increasing kitchen storage space with house upgrades sounds quite reasonable to me.

Caudyr likes this.
                                    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Maybe not, but being able to upgrade your KITCHEN specifically so that the cabinets can be accessed and there's more space in the refrigerator (because you got a new fridge w/the upgrade!) would be a good way to tackle this. There's a lot of "empty" space in the kitchen once it's expanded...and it honestly looks a bit weird, imo, heh. =x