Increase Difficulty!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Soliloquy, May 6, 2016.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Space Hobo

I've played one run-through for the first time in a while and I had a lot of fun. However I think the game could use some difficulty increases other than just the penalty for when you die. I think Starbound should try to be more like Terraria in terms of difficulty. I'd like to face bigger threats than the monsters we have now. Literally every melee creature with no specials can be killed with an extended spear. Shields block everything. Gunfights devolve into you spamming health kits and not attempting to dodge. This might be fine for some people, but i'd like to have more of a challenge. I'd like to have to take cover in gunfights and dodge attacks in something other than the four boss fights.

In terms of how this should be implemented, I think there should be a second difficulty option for enemy health/damage. Also some other stuff like lower stimpack effects and not being able to cancel enemy specials. AI for weapon switching enemies should get fixed up a bit as well.

Just to be clear, this wouldn't effect the game for someone who doesn't choose the option.