REQUEST Increase artifact drop rate.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by The DCG, Apr 4, 2016.

1. The DCG

The DCG Void-Bound Voyager

It's really annoying to only need a few more artifacts in a 100hr game. I know I could use an item spawner, but what I'd really like is just a better chance at digging/fishing up artifacts.

I did a forum search and didn't find anything, so:

Is there a mod, or could there be created a mod that increases the artifact drop rate? Like a 5% drop rate would make it five times more likely I'd get a palm fossil, finally.

Or, alternatively, to make more dig spots spawn - with the same drop rate it'd at least give me more chances, I suppose.

Acerbicon likes this.
    • dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

I think there was a mod already doing that, i could've sworn i've seen it somewhere but i can't find it now, anyway yea am at year 3 and still missing more than half of those.

Drogean likes this.
      • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Seems like there is no mod doing that... I just searched for it.
        Although I looked through the game files and just can't find the place, where it is determined how high the drop chance is, for a specific artifact...

So, if anyone could help, that would be really appreciated!

• Genn Faol

Genn Faol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's hardcoded in the exe. There is an XNB file that also lists the rarities, but much like the stats for fish, CA has migrated it to the exe at some point. Someone with experience in SMAPI modding will have to determine whether or not it's possible to do with SMAPI commands.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Hint: That there dirt in that there mine isnt there for that there decorative reasons ;)

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

I know, but the Artifact drop rate still is very low.
              And it would be nice if someone can look into that... since I don't have any experience in modding.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I... wasn't even aware. I could've gotten so much more stuff!
                Do different levels also give different stuff?

• The DCG

In fact, I take my hoe into the mine every other time. It's how I got all my dwarf scrolls. Doesn't help for low drop rate "one place only" artifacts like palm fossil.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

From what I've been able to gather, its a case of "The deeper you go the more stuff it might drop" and not a "each level drops something different" situation.

Nurio likes this.
                    • bowlfreak_not

bowlfreak_not Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, I think you can adjust the chance of finding items just by editing the ObjectInformation.yaml file. For example, I've got the fishing mod and can't grab any treasure chests, so I changed anything found fishing to the beach instead. So if you want to increase your chances of finding a Palm Fossil you could change the entry from it's original "Desert .1 Beach .01 Forest .01" to "UndergroundMine .01 Desert .1 Beach .01 Forest .01" or "UndergroundMine .05 Desert .5 Beach .05 Forest .05". I don't know if it would work but you could try it if you were desperate. Just make a back up of your original file in case.

The DCG and Nurio like this.
                      • The DCG

I will give this a go. The worst that can happen is that I have to reinstall the game - which only took, like, two minutes the first time, so...

Edit: Um. Where is it? I found ObjectInformation.xnb...

• bowlfreak_not

bowlfreak_not Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, sorry, you need to unpack the ObjectInformation.xnb file. Bad headache today and completely wasn't thinking. Have you extracted or packed xnb files with xnbnode? If not let me know, and I can help walk you through it, it's not hard. And as long as you make a copy of the ObjectInformation.xnb file you'll be fine. I name all my original xnb files with _old so ObjectInformation_old.xnb before I copy whatever file I've messed with into the Stardew Valley\Content directories.