WIP In need of a playtester!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by thingwithwings, May 5, 2018.

1. thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

I'm currently converting Travoos' Ashley NPC into a CustomNPC compatible format, so that she will work again. However, I'm using the 1.3 beta of stardew right now and cannot use customnpc in my game. I need people to install and test Ashley to make sure her dialog and event work without a hitch.
    This version is just a direct conversion of the original character with no additions or changes. In the future (if anyone wants) I will go through and flesh her out some more, give her more events and a more realistic schedule instead of just lurking in the Wizard's house all day.
    Edit: One thing this doesn't have that the original did is the Wizard's ability to mention Ashley. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I was unable to reach Travoos for permission to convert Ashley, as they appear to have left the forums entirely. If they ever come back and want me to take this down I gladly will.

Because the customnpc mod isn't compatible with the 1.3 beta yet, nobody using it can currently test Ashley, and if they could, she would not have any part in the new content. This will hopefully change soon haha. Please feel free to post here or pm me with questions, suggestions, or bug reports. <3

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • laylaisthename

laylaisthename Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good news and bad news; She definetly works in a earlier version of the game (1.2.33, pretty heavily modded too) and her preferred gifts also show up with GiftTasteHelper. Interactions work as usual, she accepted a gift no problem, though she was sort of standing in the wall when I first talked to her. I haven't checked her event or during fesivals yet.
      2018-05-05 (2).png 2018-05-05 (7).png 2018-05-05 (8).png 2018-05-05 (3).png
      Bad news, she seems to break the NPC map locations mod. The second image is without Ashley, the third one with her in the game. The conflict also stops you from interacting with the map, since now it just goes under the interface.

• thingwithwings

That's good! Sadly, the map locations mod breaking is a known issue. It isn't something specific to ashley. I'm not sure how to fix it
        Thanks for checking her out so far :)

• thingwithwings

Sorry for double-posting/ bringing this post back from the dead, but I have a new version of the mod that I need tested, and Customnpc still doesnt work with the version of SDV I'm running. The zip now includes more parts that make it more accurate to Travoos' original mod, and a readme with instructions on how to install them. As before, if you find any issues or have any thoughts just post here or message me privately. :)

Attached Files: