1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed In-game Lags after update

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gacut, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinjiro

Jinjiro Starship Captain

I'd say that's pretty low end if you only have 16GB of harddrive space[pretty sure you mean 16GB of RAM though]

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, 16GB RAM obviously lol.

1TB HDD. not one of those fancy fast RPM ones, but surely enough to run a side-scroller, lol.

ahappydude likes this.
  3. Jinjiro

Jinjiro Starship Captain

One would hope it would be enough to run a side-scroller. I mean, my machine is a few years old now[going on 6 or 7 years at this point] and it can run Skyrim on high settings, yet it can't run Starbound? I smell issues somewhere.

4. pickandaxe

pickandaxe Intergalactic Tourist

sounds like problem liy inside code of mobs,they cause to many command checks per second which cause ur CPU to perform to many commands or calculate Pi :p

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah its obviously some sort of glitch in the engine that's eating memory or CPU cycles or something. Or it is an optimization issue. Whatever. either way they said they found at least some of them and are working on a patch "Soon".

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I will admit that when I first beam down to the planet, the stutters are not very often. Get 3-4 mobs on screen and it is stuttering every couple seconds, sometimes several times back to back.

Find a new green mob and the game crashes instantly. lol.

7. Jinjiro

Jinjiro Starship Captain

Hopefully soon means today

8. Rabblerouser

Rabblerouser Phantasmal Quasar

:lod: I'd rather have a worthy patch than a rushed one. They can take their time.

Gacut likes this.
  9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Same. Let the guys do their thing. We don't gain anything by rushing them, getting our hopes up and downloading the patch, only to crash or have stuttering a few seconds in and end up having to wait several more hours, etc etc etc.

10. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

That was fast.

11. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It feels good im not th e only one thinkning that.. Unfortunatealy the masses made them rush this patch i belive

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Now too bad they couldn't add that 1360x768 resolution in. (just kidding! fix important stuff first lol)

13. Rabblerouser

Rabblerouser Phantasmal Quasar

I'd say everyone rushing to play the new patch and prompty reporting the issues helped.

Seriously, the Steam chat group filled reeaal quick when they saw the new update downloading.

14. neil_v

neil_v Big Damn Hero

Also having massive chop and lag problems on my low end system:

Windows 7
    AMD Athalon 5200+ 64x2 Chipset
    4GB DDR2 PC6400 Memory
    ASUS M2N-SLI Mainboard
    Nvidia Gforce GT 620 Graphics (Revision A1)

15. Avaruu

Avaruu Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some persistent stuttery issues too. 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GEForce GT 610, AMD FX(tm)-4200 Quad-Core Processor, Win7 Home Premium (64bit).

16. Kinsuya

Kinsuya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same exact performance issue on my low-end PC.
    Saddening.

17. Jump Tank

Jump Tank Master Chief

I was ok with the deck wipe
    I was ok with the character wipe...ok with the various pains in the ass like twenty clicks to get to the surface, the random game crashes claiming something tried to do something unexpected blah blah
    figured sure, I've killed the various bosses, what, 3-4 times each? They all just get easier to kill. Easier to grind all the stuff needed.
    I fully expected a wipe.

however the lag? ppffffffffftt c'ya later

I'll check google ever few weeks to see if they fixed that, otherwise...too many other functioning games to pay for beta

18. Deadmartyr

Deadmartyr Tentacle Wrangler

So just got hot fixed i guess, but made it worse for me. everytime a mob jumps it lags.

19. Grageon

Grageon Void-Bound Voyager

I WAS having this same problem, but only with the OpenGL version of the game. If you have only tried the OpenGL version I recommend playing the other one to see if it lags too. For me, only the OpenGL version lagged. So far the other one is lag free.

20. omeganeep

omeganeep Big Damn Hero

i run into a similar problem but only the monsters 'lag i tried moving on my own smooth while they monster slowly inches towards me so i just simply walk away ignoring the monster mine up some coal and walk back it hasn't touched the ground yet still going by 1 frame a second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.