1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed In-game Lags after update

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gacut, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

Don't know if this happens only for me, or also for the others.
    After i downloaded newest patch "Furious Koala" i have started the game. Everything seems ok except the fact, that i get lags every 2 seconds. For me, the game is now unplayable, while before patch, i could play without that kind of problems. Is this going to be fixed soon? I just want to know, if i am going to wait until next patch or is it going to be fixed faster.

RbwNjaFurret and neil_v like this.
  2. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

You're not the only one. There are various people having an issue with game performance.

3. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nobody oknows.. I havnt even had thet ime to try it

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, every 5 seconds or so, it does a split second pause, sometimes it pauses several times over 5 seconds and then goes back to the 5 seconds or so pause.

It is... pretty jarring, so I've actually logged off it and I'll wait for a patch it seems. Blah. Was looking forward to playing too. Oh well.

Gacut likes this.
  5. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

Yeah, i did the same thing. Hope devs will see the thread and will fix this problem someday.
    BTW: Sorry for the wrong category of the thread.

6. Rabblerouser

Rabblerouser Phantasmal Quasar

Guys, if you could, give your system specs so the devs can narrow down what's causing it.

7. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

What's the point? Before Update, the game was runing smooth without any lag. I didn't even changed my computer.

but here you go:

Number of processors: 2
    Processor architecture: x86
    Processor: x86 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1, AuthenticAMD
    ProcessAffinityMask: 00000003
    SystemAffinityMask: 00000003
    WindowsVersion: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Procesor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-60
    Ram: 3GB
    Graphic Card: Ati Radeon 3100

I am aware that this laptop isin't the best, but as I said, Starbound worked fine before today's patch.

AntiSpin likes this.
  8. AntiSpin

AntiSpin Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the exact same performance problems granted i don't have the Best PC but it runs mass 3 on med quality so i would be led to assume it could handle star bound after the update well heres my specs.

Wins xp 86 arch. dual core 2.8, 4 gig's DDR 2, SLI Geforce Nvidia 8800 GT's.

Its just surprising when i can play GW2 with 300 people on my screen in WvW without a problem and starbound is lagging like crazy. Very very disappointing i can hardly play after this patch I've been so incredibly hyped for it :(

9. Jinjiro

Jinjiro Starship Captain

I lag everywhere except on planet so long as there's no monsters on screen. As soon as monsters appear, my framerate goes down like a rock in the ocean.

AntiSpin likes this.
  10. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

It's sad, but we can't complain to much. It's beta after all ;] Our lovely devs gonna figure out this bug.

AntiSpin likes this.
  11. Rabblerouser

Many things could've caused it. If they can find a pattern like.. say.. all the ones suffering performance hits are just ATI cards (this has happened in a game I've tested before), then they can narrow down what the problem is.

Myself
    CPU: Pentium D 840 (3.2 GHz)
    RAM: 2GB
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've said in other threads, but...

Win7
    6x 3.5Ghz AMD
    GeForce 660 GTX 4GB
    16GB RAM

Tried in Windowed and Full Screen both.

13. Rabblerouser

Yes, but it's a beta we paid for.

14. Jinjiro

Jinjiro Starship Captain

Still a beta. Beta means issues like this. When playing a beta, one should expect issues like these to crop up randomly. Hell, remember the angry birds problem with a previous update? As annoying as it was to have every bird monster thirsting for your blood; it was also hilarious fun. I hope they do some sort of random event that causes all monsters to turn aggressive for a time.

15. SelorKiith

SelorKiith Aquatic Astronaut

Yep, same problem here :) Stutters every few seconds, especially with more entities on Screen (and funnily even more stutters when trying to kill them ;))
    Just leaving my specs for the Devs:

Win7 64bit
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.70GHz
    3GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 4550

16. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

I think I'm much more amused at the situation than annoyed.
    Technically you pre-ordered/paid for the finished game. The beta (Along with the soundtrack) are bonus extras you got for doing so. :rofl:

Anyway, I should post my specs as well.
    Windows 8
    AMD A6-5400k processor
    8GB Ram
    AMD Radeon HD 7540D

17. Gacut

Gacut Orbital Explorer

Fair enough. I didn't think about that. My apologies.

18. AntiSpin

AntiSpin Void-Bound Voyager

In either case the devs need to look at this thread. I'm honestly really upset, I would really like to play and this is giving the patient patch waiters a Bone in the butt ;_;

19. Rabblerouser

No need for apologies. :D

Anyways, Tiyuri's acknowledged it on his Twitter:
    Tiy ‏@Tiyuri5m
    hot fixing an issue that caused stutters for people on low end computers. Also making the unpacker safer to use. Patch soon

ahappydude likes this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Low-end computers?

Good God, I didn't think technology has advanced so far that a 6x 3.5Ghz with a 4GB 660 GTX and 16GB was "low end"... lol.

But it is good that they're fixing some of the issues all the same!

ahappydude likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.