1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Food Descriptions 2.0

Food descriptions now showing the amount of food and remaining rot time in minutes.

1. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

By the way, you should probably autodetect vanilla luas, like healing. if it's possible ofc

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Hey starbounders!
    I looked into the current incompatibility problem with Frackin Universe...

It seems a lot (and I mean A LOT) of the effects are changed in the files of FU. The whole internal structure is now completely different, which means my effect handling from the past is almost obsolete for FU. The only way to fix the problem is to rework the whole lua script.

The answer is simple: Nope! I will not spend again precious hours of my life to update this incompatibility disaster with FU. In the past I tried to keep this mod up-to-date with FU but not again, not anymore.

I guess I'll remove the FU stuff entirely from Improved Food Descriptions. The benefit of this will be that you can use both mods together, without any incompatibility issues. Only the tooltips from FU items will not changed to the Improved Food Descriptions version. This mod should not be the one that completely breaks FU every time FU gets a new update.

This will save the FU author and me a lot of time and excitement in the future.
    I hope you guys can comprehend the problematic and my decision.

Coolguy123 and Sock_Bunny like this.
  3. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

4. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

That sounds like a good decision. Even if you did spend all the time it would take to make Improved Food Descriptions cover FU's new system, FU is updated constantly, and sayter is sure to continue tinkering with things in FU in ways that would break it again.

Thanks for making the two mods compatible again! I actually took a break from the game after that update, just because I didn't want to go without your mod! :-D

5. aurelius1080

aurelius1080 Void-Bound Voyager

Some food like corn, potato, coralcreep, etc. can be stacked just up to 20 with addon. I don't know if there's a problem with the recent update.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yep. Much better to have the FU foods handled by an addon, which someone else can work in and we don't need to bother with :)

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  7. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

sayter, why not just build the improved food descriptions features into the frackin universe foods if you are already modifying them so much anyway?

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Because I don't want or need that info on FU foods. The text descriptions are sufficient. I'd rather leave it for addons if people want it that bad.

Sock_Bunny likes this.