Modding Help (~Important~) I have bad luck. Comments are appreciated

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NeoslayerX, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Is that with or without mods installed when you get that error? If with mods installed, try removing those mods for now.

2. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

No mods. I wouldn't put mods into the Cheerful without the vanilla not even working.
    Ya take me as some kinda moron?

3. Mackinz

Not at all. Just cursory debugging. Also, make sure you are not subscribed to any Steam Workshop mods.

Did you do a clean reinstall of Starbound 1.0? If not, please do so. Delete your entire Starbound folder and let Steam redownload it.

4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Its a bit rude , he do his best for help you :/

Nirrudn likes this.
  5. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

It's a Non-steam starbound.
    The First one was steam, but it was kind of a long story..
    I deleted so many things.. Everything stopped working, I tried re-installing.. Nevermind that though.
    I think I explained most of it in my veeery first post..
    I still think a new packed.pak would fix it.

6. Mackinz

But in your pictures, you show that the game is installed in the typical Steam pathway. Did you lose access to that Steam account or something?

Condoning game piracy is not allowed on these forums, so I cannot supply a 'new' packed.pak file.

7. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Yeah.. The first version is not pirated. (Glad).. But things just screwed up.. I managed to even keep the old files and everything, but then Steam started acting up. Asking for updates that didn't even work, etc. So I had to download a new updated version
    (I tried getting mods and joined these forums, where I figured out I was OUTDATED) I didn't want anybody to know because they wouldn't believe me.

8. Mackinz

Through Steam, go to your Library, right click Starbound, click Properties, and click Delete Local Game content. Then reinstall the game.

See if that helps. You may have had a unique server issue a while ago, but it should be fixed by now.

9. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I uninstalled steam.
    I re-installed it, but now steam just makes me angry. I don't want to re-buy the game. The same thing happened with another game I had. It's like, I have the data but everything on steam is gone or something.
    Anyway, a packed.pak would still help with the new one I downloaded. I always have this luck; the weirdest things happen to me :/
    Now I have 2 Starbounds and I don't even know how they can work without steam.
    I also have a Dota 2 Test from steam that is now outdated, so that kinda sucks.

10. Mackinz

So don't use Steam aside from updating Starbound, and possibly making use of the Workshop. Uninstall your version of Starbound as I directed above, then re-install it. That should, hopefully, resolve your issue. If not, then we'll work on it from there.

11. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I have data..

12. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I go on steam, but there are no games on there anymore. Now I launch it from a shortcut in the win64

13. Mackinz

Are you logged into the correct Steam account? You may have accidentally logged into an alternate account.

14. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

No alternates. Steam just makes me feel a bit frustrated.. I'll just watch some Steven Universe.

15. Mackinz

Since this is a Steam problem, I did a quick google for people who have experienced similar issues. Unsurprisingly, there's a lot.

Try reading all of the replies in this thread and see if that helps you: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864971044998794923/

Also, it really could be that you accidentally created a new Steam account by accident. I want you to go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ and click "View purchase history" and "View licenses and product key activations" and see if there is any transactions or activations on record for your Steam account. If there is, then all you need to do is figure out why you can't see stuff in your Library. If not, then you are not logged into the correct Steam account.

16. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I uni
    I uninstalled steam. It's over.
    (Grabs tiny violin)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  17. Mackinz

Dude, I've spent days helping you now and you just up and give up on me when the solution is potentially right around the corner? What the heck...

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  18. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

No I don't necessarily give up on Starbound, just Steam
    I don't like Steam anymore
    I had the same problem with Don't Starve

19. Mackinz

Yes, but by giving up on Steam when Steam is the issue for your Starbound installation, you've effectively given up on Starbound. Don't give up, mate. Just bear with me for a while longer. If we can knock out your Steam issue, we may be able to knock out your Starbound issue.

20. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I honestly don't remember my password anymore