Modding Help I'm trying to make a seasonal sprite mod of Pam

Discussion in 'Mods' started by PrincessRibbonChan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. PrincessRibbonChan

PrincessRibbonChan Void-Bound Voyager

They're sprite edits using Tanpoponoko's Seasonal Outfit's mod Hojicha's old mod "A New Pam" that's no longer up, though I do have it. I like the way Pam looks with "New Pam" mod and I wanted to use the Seasonal Outfits with it, but I'm a noob when it comes to mods. Basically, I can make the sprites but I can't implement them in game. Can anyone help me with Content Patcher and portrait mods?

I've gotten permission from Tanpoponoko, but Hojicha hasn't been on NexusMods in a couple months.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Red_Winter

Red_Winter Poptop Tamer

Based on some of the other mods I have that use seasonal content, your content.json would look something like: https://pastebin.com/qfuBsEBw

where your seasonal images with have the season name at the beginning (spring_Pam.png, winter_Pam.png, etc), and stored in an /assets folder in your mod.

• PrincessRibbonChan

Thanks. Also, would you happen to know how to make sprites sheets transparent? I admit I have trouble with this as well

• Red_Winter

Red_Winter Poptop Tamer

You mean the background? Well, I use GIMP 2, so I'd probably try using the fuzzy select tool to highlight the background color, then delete it all.

Here are some (probably better) instructions though for GIMP: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange...he-background-of-an-image-transparent-in-gimp

The first answer converts the background to transparent, the next one down explains how to ensure transparency is enabled for a background and then deletes the colored background from there.

• PrincessRibbonChan

I forgot to say thanks (school was murder). Anyway, is there anyway I can convert them to sprites, or will it do it on it's own? I'm curious because the first time I tried it the background was white, but the sprites acted normal sprites