I'm thinking of starting a Slime Ranch playthrough. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mistcrawler, May 17, 2017.

1. Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Slightly off-topic, but as you can see I prefer my slimes to be oak-aged in individual barrels.

W2.png

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Speaking of slime-breweries...

IMG_9458.PNG

My slimes run free all over town so might as well use the space for something else. lol (Pic is from an old farm but I still use the same mod.)

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I just came here to check if the magical thread of slimy awesomeness was mentioned and wasn't disappointed. First response linked it already. Nice job @Lilliput .
        Because I never killed enough slimes myself to get the slime charmer ring I never started my own ranch. But my tip, if it wasn't posted already, would be to cut much of the grass and trees on the farm early. Unused tiles increase the chance for the meteor which would give you an early iridium bar.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait, you can put slimes in kegs? What do you get out of it? Can't say I'd ever drink slime wine lol.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't imagine it would be all that good. Lol

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

They do? I'm curious to know how you know this-- I've had a few meteor strikes over the years and they've /never/ been in totally open areas. They've crushed fencing, farmed tiles, and trees. I believe that CA did make sure they can't land where a building or pond are to prevent costly disasters or the inability to retrieve the meteor, but I've never heard anything about cleared tiles being meteor bait.

Er. No. That was just me making a joke on the idea of using the Slime Hutch as a winery.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

It was in an Youtube video. Maybe it was the "48 things you still might not know" one. I am not sure.

• LuthienNightwolf

In my experience the meteors always land on occupied tiles. Just had one a couple days ago actually and it took out a chunk of my sidewalk. The one I got on my last farm landed in the chicken pasture on grass and I just left it there as decoration. I may or may not have had radioactive chickens. lol

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                  • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

If you think that's scary, read, 'The Colour Out of Space' by H.P. Lovecraft.

There are worse things that can be in meteors from space, I'm just saying.

Interesting but still kind of second-hand information. I'm not disputing you read/saw it, but I'm wondering where and how the original source came by this. I wish CA was more active in answering direct questions to settle mysteries like this.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
                      ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                    • Mistcrawler

Mistcrawler Void-Bound Voyager

Haha this thread is great :) I never thought of relying on the meteor for an early iridium bar, but in my experience it normally hits by the summer for me, so that's definitely one way to get jump-started.

And slime wine huh... I doubt it sells well since I remember wine is about 3x the base price of the item, but it SHOULD simply for the fact its a novelty item lol. 'You haven't lived until you've had Slime Wine, from the only farm in the virtual or reality realm that would even try to manufacture such a thing!'

As far as the unused tiles bit, I'm a bit wary of that info myself until it gets confirmed. As I mentioned, from my personal experience, I've had at least 5 playthroughs where it's hit by summer 4 times and at fall during my 1st or 2nd playthrough when I was still learning. Basically there were almost never open spots on my farm that werent farming areas, paths, wild grass, trees, or clutter (unless if wild grass counts as an unused tile maybe?). I wish I was better at data mining lol

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

tumblr_m3tburagsz1qzsuffo1_r1_500.png

We will sell no slime, before it's wine.

• Jack Of Shades

See, I saw earlier on a post that Luthien almost never gets faeries. My issue is I TRULY never get meteors. Ever. I have found ONE in all my saves.

• LuthienNightwolf

I'll trade you a meteor for a faerie visit. >u>

• Jack Of Shades

It's a deal, having a head start on Iridium sprinklers would be FANTASTIC.

• LuthienNightwolf

Here's a side affect of letting slimes run amok in town - they take all the good seating. (Screenshot from my mom's game she just sent me.) I wonder if slimes make good pillows?
                                IMG_9466.JPG

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Awwww... Penny has a friend.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I started some outdoor sliming a couple of weeks ago in game time and I'm enjoying it. Following recommendations from the previous thread, I just put them at the train tracks to run amok. They're starting to rainbow out nicely. I also put one inside the saloon to keep the solo drinkers company and another in the square to be the town greeter.

I think he just sassed me for digging in the trash! Have some respect; I don't criticize your hobbies.

slime trash sass.jpg

• LuthienNightwolf

Who knew that slimes could be judgemental? lol

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                                      • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've just started a second save game and I plan to farm slimes and void chickens. :rofl:

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That... sounds rather painful. Have you considered medical help?