1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Resolved I'm not even sure what to call this...

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Jareix Cryvix, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Whenever I try and load certain pages on my mobile device (conversations, my modding page, roleplay threads, random pages, etc.)
    This happens...
    image.jpg
    Sometimes it can be fixed with a simple refresh. But for many pages (including my modding thread, my conversations, and some of the RPs I participate in) it remains a permanent issue, the symbols being generated seemingly randomly every time. Can someone help me fix this if it's at all possible?

Arra, Sir Wilfrey and Relten like this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I've been having the same issue with OS X. So it's not isolated to mobile devices.

Sir Wilfrey and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Well... Glad I'm not alone... :/

4. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

This is a problem for me as well, and it's ever-so-conveniently RIGHT IN MY OOC SO I CAN'T MANAGE THE DAMN THING. *cough* Anyways yeah I'm gonna start pestering until it's fixed because the last post was August 7th and I see no resolutions posted.

5. Jareix Cryvix

I would use Tapatalk in the meantime. It works well enough, though formatting is a bit more difficult...

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

What browsers are you guys using? This might be an issue with Safari, apparently.

7. Jareix Cryvix

Seems so. Safari on my end, Roland's end, and I suspect Wilfery was using Safari as well.

8. This is something I'll do my best to look into, but at the moment I can only recommend seeing if there's an updated version of Safari available.

9. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Chrome suffers from the same issues as well, So it isn't exactly exclusive to safari.

image.png

I am starting to think this is just an issue that only occurs on IOS devices. I can try to see if this same issue occurs in android when I get the chance.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  10. Jareix Cryvix

How peculiar. It actually occurred on tapatalk at one point, but I haven't been able to recreate it yet.

11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

*cough* Zalgo *cough*

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  12. tealsummernights

tealsummernights Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to add that this happens to me with Chrome on Windows 10.

13. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

I've been having this same problem as well, but it's also been affecting my computer browsers, not just my mobile ones

14. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I had a similar rendering issue like this on the wiki a while back, if it's the same problem I think I may know a fix.

Could someone provide the browser and what page(s) specifically they're having the issue with - I'd like to try to replicate it.

15. Pairaka

Pairaka Space Hobo

16. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I *think* a change we made today should resolve this - could anyone who was seeing this try to load those pages again and test?

Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  17. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

It's fixed for me! [​IMG]