Building/Ship I'm gonna build a thing!

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by MorboIsNotAmused, May 21, 2017.

1. MorboIsNotAmused

MorboIsNotAmused Orbital Explorer

After frivolously poking through cool-looking build threads, I have decided to build a thing! Because it's fun! (Because I have nothing better to do) I decided to build on an ocean world because they have a nice charm to them. Here is the first thing that I built:

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 4.38.41 PM.png

A small dock leading onto one of the islands the village is nestled on, it has everything a ship docking could need, crates. It also has a nifty little sign pointing towards the welcoming center, but I have no idea what other direction you would go honestly. Back to the sea? Isn't that where you came from?

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 2.31.25 PM.png

And here is the welcoming center, it's basically the only formal-government type building around here, although the interior is kind of awkward, stemming from the center trying to be welcoming to all the races, I mean having a big ape bust under primitive chandeliers? What where they (I) thinking? Besides the main area, the welcoming center has an underground employee lounge, a small room for the Avian greeter-person Neloch, and an upper guard/teleportation room home to Cogfoot, hired Glitch muscle to keep out any crazy peoples.

Update #1

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 2.31.51 PM.png

After leaving the welcoming center you come to a house inhabited by an odd, eccentric Novakid. Me! The house is furnished with random high tech odds and ends, and a pixel printer. I tried going for the same roof design as I did in the dock, but I think it miggghhht look bad. Maybe.

Next, I'm working on a big Floran building, so stay tuned!

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Pangaea likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The first screenshot is a little weird. The roof overhang on the left seems out of place. As in, it should have more support underneath it. It sticks out too far. Otherwise, pretty cool! I like building on ocean worlds because you don't have to really worry about enemies.

3. MorboIsNotAmused

MorboIsNotAmused Orbital Explorer

I've updated the thing! (I added another support beam to make the roof look a little less, bad. Thanks for the tip Pangaea)

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Your third screenshot suffers the same problem I mentioned earlier. The roof hangs out to the left too far. You could perhaps extend that dock support all the way to the roof. It would look nice and would give the roof a visible support so it doesn't look weird.