I'm brand new at Stardew Valley...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burdenxbe, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Burdenxbe

Burdenxbe Seal Broken

And, I feel ashamed. :(
    I saw my brother play it eons ago, and I just now started to play it, and sadly, its on the phone too. My computer is too good for that version. xD

Anyone new to it, or is it just me?

FickleRhubarb likes this.
    • GeekWoman

GeekWoman Subatomic Cosmonaut

I started a month ago (thank you son for telling me about it). I play it on my brand new extremely fast gaming rig. It's becoming my weekend recharge obsession. Thought about getting the mobile version but decided that no, I didn't want to pay for it twice and I didn't think I would play it much on my iPad or iPhone. I also have a laptop and it runs pretty good on that so I'm covered if I have to be gone from home extendedly.

• Burdenxbe

Burdenxbe Seal Broken

That's good to know that I"m not the only one!
        I really wish I could play it on my computer, but alas, no.

GeekWoman likes this.
        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

There are a lot of new players that pop up periodically. Don't feel embarrassed by being around some of us who have played for a good while. Ask any questions you want. We're glad to help. :)

BentFX likes this.
          • Burdenxbe

Burdenxbe Seal Broken

:) Thanks Borodin!

BentFX likes this.
            • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Since you admitted to being new, you are required - REQUIRED! - to gift Abigail a piece of quartz and wonder why in the world she says she was hungry! (Seriously, if you haven't done this, it's pretty funny that she says she's hungry for a hard rock!)

Teasing aside, hope you like it, it's a wonderful game and lots of people to assist if you need help.

• Burdenxbe

Burdenxbe Seal Broken

@musical74

I did last night! LOL she's weird.

ChaosAzeroth, Borodin and Gandalor 75 like this.
                • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Regarding Abby's thinking quartz is food, the general consensus is that it was an oversight (since the vast majority of her likes are food) and when ConcernedApe discovered it, he was "eh, it's a funny oversight, I'll keep it"...causing players to wonder if Abigail is half-dragon or something!

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but one thing I will mention here too: HAVE FUN! There is no "right" way to play it, and pretty much every playstyle is just as effective. I play a more adventure-based style, some it's all about the money, some it's all about the mines, some it's all about making friends...and each is just as effective as the other!

ChaosAzeroth, Borodin and Surenu like this.
                  • FickleRhubarb

FickleRhubarb Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty new. I am not a gamer. But Stardew Valley has sucked me in, thanks to my son's recommendation and hosting of the game.

Burdenxbe and Surenu like this.
                    • Burdenxbe

Burdenxbe Seal Broken

Fickle, the game is amazing. :)

Surenu likes this.
                      • sapphires

sapphires Aquatic Astronaut

I'm new too! I started playing a few weeks ago, didn't instantly fall in love, but stuck with it and eventually really got into it :catlol: I started on Android, then moved over to PC where I got a bit out of control with modding... lol. I feel kinda bad that I got into the game so late though? I watched a Youtuber (splattercat) play it years ago, but only just now got around to playing it myself... I feel like I missed out on so much... but oh well, I guess we both can be late to the party in enjoying it lol:drinkinggentcat:

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

You didn't miss anything--since what matters is not joining a crowd, but finding a game you like, when you like it, and playing it. No one can (or should) judge you for that. :) If you have any questions, check the forum's threads, and if your questions aren't answered, start a new topic. There are always people around who are glad to help. And welcome to a genuinely friendly game community!

Megstar79, ChaosAzeroth and sapphires like this.