Digital I'll draw your Starbound char o3o

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by rhomboid, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Take a bigger screenshot to begin with- Zoom in your game when taking it.

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

I can redraw the mouth in a different way if you like, I don't mind.
    And yes, I did it with a pretty good tablet. It was a gift from my family a couple years ago, but I think it was not so expensive. Maybe it's like $40 by now? If it's still for sale. I understand the want though, and it really sucks. My suggestion would be to see if you can find it second-hand online, but that only works if you have some way of paying for things online. I'm sure you'll get one someday -- fingers crossed!

@Cipherstar O thanks ;u; Those two are among my favourites as well, but I did use body references for them which is probably why they came out so well xD Still, the action shots were pretty nice. I'm trying to get into drawing poses, so my newer ones are all actually doing a thing instead of standing around, as my first few were (the body studies like Atron's). If you have any tips they'd be greatly appreciated!

@jaybobujoe Are you altering the screenshot size at all? I usually just hit Prtsc (print screen) and crop it in paint (ctrl+v), although I think some people have a setup that automatically opens screenshots for editing. Depends on your computer.

3. jaybobujoe

jaybobujoe Space Hobo

i cant seem to get it to work, is it ok if the picture is slightly blurred?[DOUBLEPOST=1409705608][/DOUBLEPOST]lets try this one stss162.jpg

4. lot4d

lot4d Master Chief

My interpretation of Novakids is that they aren't entirely solid - they have a shape and form but their lines are a little bit whispy; they aren't all in one place. Also, they don't have facial features, which is kind of weird. Wilby just has a diamond. He also wears goggles despite not having eyes, which I think is beautiful. Novakids are kind of like concentrated star-people. They're awesome.

5. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hah, no. I don't have any tips. Anything I could say you no doubt would've already heard.

6. rhomboid

Ah, I see. I was going for a sort of alien-type light-emitting crumbly mineral formation in a humanoid form. Fiery works as well, though. Sort of like will-o-wisps? Or more like a half-manifestation of energy particles. I'll make something work haha.

@jaybobujoe That's a good size. Do you have any clothing preferences? The shield's covering up most of what you've got on, so I can also keep it that way if you want. Also from what I see your char looks sort of reddish-purple with a cream-white beak, right? Just to make sure xD

@Cipherstar Maybe haha. Feel free to throw in criticisms if/when you notice them, then. I'm always open!

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

heres mine
    [​IMG]
    i zoomed in on a screenshot so hopfuly its easy to see whats going on

8. rhomboid

On the list. Looks good!

9. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Great art, I love you style. Keep up doing what you're doing well and try improving your art each time.

10. rhomboid

Oh thank you! I'm trying my best to improve by using different styles and poses. Your words definitely give me a morale boost! I've got 8 people on my list xD

Daniel345 likes this.
  11. lot4d

lot4d Master Chief

I was thinking more of a will-o-wisp. I mean solid enough to wear clothes and get hit, but the edges aren't all there.
    Thanks for this, by the way! I love your art :)

12. rhomboid

No problem! I'm doing a Novakid for Son0fgrim as well, so tell me if that's to your liking when I post it (he's higher up on the list of requests ^-^'' but I'll ping you when I post it SORRY I LIED ABOUT THAT AND GOT CONFUSED BUT I STILL DREW HIS FIRST SORRY SORRY SORRY)
    And thank you! I'm glad that it seems to be popular here ;u; My completed requests list is growing larger at least haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1409754592][/DOUBLEPOST]First things first, super sorry to everyone who requested drawings before Son0fgrim, my internet's been super shit and when I went to go draw I only had his reference pic open >.< BUT I promise I haven't forgotten about you<3~ I have a listie with alll your names on it.

NOW. @Son0fgrim I finished yours lol. It's sort of weird looking because I messed with my usual style in order to get the flame-y effect. o3o I hope you still like!
    son0fgrim(xref).png

Also, @blueDice I fixed your character's mouth. Tell me if this one's better, or if you still want it smaller. Don't be shy; I aim to please!

blueDice(xref).png

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    DrVoodoo likes this.
  13. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I am just gonna leave this here. Only do it if you are bored or in need of practice, since this is in no way a rushed "request" as it is a drop-off of goods.

Was made by Sugarshow, think he left the forums or something.
    Duck Saurus.jpg

This was what @Orange898 made for me, off of what is above.
    Duck Saurus - Drawn Out.png

And then I added in the background.
    Duck Saurus - Drawn Out Edited.png

If you feel like making it, do it in any way you wish. I feel like doing a carpet-bomb like Insanity and see what people can get out of it.

14. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

NOW. @Son0fgrim I finished yours lol. It's sort of weird looking because I messed with my usual style in order to get the flame-y effect. o3o I hope you still like!

Well I like is save for 1 major detail, Rocky is a Dude. otherwise no complaints.

DrVoodoo and Dargona1018 like this.
  15. jaybobujoe

jaybobujoe Space Hobo

my avian is red with a cream colored beak and his face has a splash of white in the middle just above the beak and in between the eyes
    and his clothing is the "cool jacket" witch is a leather jacket with a orange/ yellow shirt, and the pants are "cool pants" witch are blue jeans and black tennis shoes, and he has the bandits hood on his head, you don,t have to include that if you don't want too, because it looks like it would be tricky.

16. lot4d

lot4d Master Chief

Son0fgrim's novakid is exactly how I pictured them to be :D no problem about the mixup!

17. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

LOL I'm honestly fine with it, and I'm trying to make it my new avatar

18. rhomboid

Oh geez lol sorry. I can totally fix that for you if you want xD He just gave off such a sassy cowgirl aura~

I can give it a whirl if you like.

@jaybobujoe I'll keep it in mind and try to work in the hood. Thanks for the clarification!

@lot4d Ah good! I'll do yours in the same style then, and I'm sorry again about the order haha. I derp out pretty hard sometimes.

19. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

that'd be nice :p

20. rhomboid

Hopefully this looks a tad more manly. I'm not as good at things that aren't voluptuous, but I think it's alright haha
    Let me know!
    son0fgrim(xref).png

DrVoodoo and Feathery Dust like this.