1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed If you do not have a credit card do not fear! Starbound can still be yours ^_^

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by terrariacow, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrariacow

terrariacow Subatomic Cosmonaut

ADMIN EDIT:

The first two methods DO NOT WORK. DO NOT attempt them, and DO NOT complain if you decide to try anyway.

Google Checkout cannot use Google Wallet funds. We cannot give you refunds for this.

ALL COUNTRIES ARE NOW FULLY SUPPORTED! IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE USA OR CANADA PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NOW THREE OTHER OPTIONS FOR PURCHASING THE GAME

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

All you need to do is go to a store listed in the image below
    [​IMG]

Get a prepaid Google Play card
    [​IMG]

Create/Login to your google account and setup your google wallet!

Redeem your google play card code on the back of the card

then use google checkout on the Starbound website to buy the game ^_^ Enjoy :3

SECONDARY SOLUTION

It has been brought to my attention that this method is not available for many countries, I have concocted a solution for this situation

1: Install hotspot shield - http://www.hotspotshield.com/ completely free - no signup required - This is a fully free VPN that will make it appear as though you are located in California USA

2: Run it and connect

3: Make a new google account

4: Go to a site such as http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Google-Play-25-Gift-Card/ (I use them frequently)

5: Buy the card and redeem the code to your wallet

6: Buy Game

7: ?????

8: Profit!!!

SOLUTION THREE >.>

This option is typically more expensive - but should work everywhere.

Go to a shop - get a prepaid debit card with the mastercard or visa logo on it, I suggest MIO CARD if you can find it as it has no monthly fee and only charges a 3.95 fee to put money on the card.

PAYPOWER IS ANOTHER GREAT BRAND LIKE MIOCARD THOUGH THEY DO CHARGE A MONTHLY FEE AT THE END OF EACH MONTH

BE SURE TO REQUEST AND KEEP YOUR RECEIPT FROM THE CLERK - YOU WILL NEED IT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH THE CARD LOAD

Ask the clerk how long it will take for the money to appear on the card ( this can take anywhere from thirty minutes to five hours for a first time MIO card user - Once the cash is on the card go to the MIO website and register your details on it so it can be used online - Note that the MIO card will work globally, not all cards will so be sure to read the packaging to ensure your card can before you load it with cash

Register the card to PAYPAL - AMAZON PAYMENTS or GOOGLE WALLET !NOTE! THAT THESE PAYMENT PROCESSORS USUALLY CHARGE ONE USD to the debit card to ensure it has funds on it when you add it to your account so be sure you bring at least Thirty-Six moneys or more to place on your shiny new debit card Forty if you are in VAT territory

!NOTE! Cards other then MIO are typically more costly to load money on, like upwards of 6.95 or more

!NOTE! AVOID NETSPEND BRANDED CARDS IF YOU CAN as these cards charge an additional 9.95 USD upfront as a "monthly maintenance fee". !DO NOT GET VISA ELECTRON!

Buy the game ^_^ and have fun :3

OPTION FOUR FOR THOSE WHO CANT LEAVE HOME BUT HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT (~CHECKING~)

Create an account at https://www.mangomoney.com/

Open a Virtual Card

Send money from your bank ACC to your Mango Virtual card

You will then be given your Virtual CARD DETAILS

Use the Virtual Card to buy the game

Rejoice!!

2. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

The problem is, some countries have none of those, Greece for example doesn't. So most of the unlucky guys here use paysafecard which tends to be not accepted anywhere.

3. KirasiN

The ones handling the sales are the humble bundle guys, the devs did it specifically this way so they won't have to set things up and waste time. The people who are out of options should just check the giveaways sub section or wait till it's out on steam.

4. Labhras

Labhras Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for posting this, I'm sure a lot of people are breathing sighs of relief over this information (myself not included).

Dr Codfish and Lachee like this.
  5. Samiz

Samiz Big Damn Hero

Or buy a pre paid mastercard/visa.

Lachee likes this.
  6. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

And Turkey too.

7. It's not up to them (right now):
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/frequently-asked-questions.18336/

8. Sadly, most of the countries do not support such things (the dang politics of want to TAX every single penny paid on the Internet), that's why they force us to use Credit Cards, Debit Cards, to be able to charge taxes. America / Canada / Australia are lucky.

9. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Does coinstar exist in Greece? You can deposit money into those and have it credited to either a PayPal account or a Google Play account.

Yes we is.

Jonesy and Lachee like this.
  10. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

If the Australian government keeps doing what they are doing, we migh have to join you guys :mad:
    (ie: Guess who has the first Carbon Tax that no other country has? Australia! Guess who decided to tax the biggest income for itself (mining)? Australia! )

Bacon likes this.
  11. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Not for much longer it looks like.

Quantum and Bacon like this.
  12. Indeed just noticing the way everything it's going they don't want to let people to easy pay in Internet. Europe is already crucified with that, the VAT taxes charging +20% to Europeans if we're buying out of EU (or UK) drive me crazy, but I have no choice. =/

13. KirasiN

Just checked, apparently we have 2 of those, one in the capital and the other one in Thessaloniki (second largest city).

14. hellvink

hellvink Aquatic Astronaut

I have a question on this.
    My location is in the Netherlands, we don't have access to Google Play Cards either.
    What if I would buy an american 15 Dollar Google Play Card online. Would I be able to add it to my Dutch/European Wallet and make a succesful purchase? I've scoured the Google Wallet help page but I could not find any relevant information.

15. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

These cards aren't even available in Australia. o_O

16. KirasiN

You could just open an ING account, connect it to a paypal account and never have such problems, ever. Paypal is accepted almost everywhere. :)

17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Please no Giant walls of meaningless text like that.

SuperMann, KirasiN and Lachee like this.
  18. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Do you think you can make the OP cause less eye bleeding?

Active Link and Lachee like this.
  19. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

They are, we have Target and Australia Post has a load and go visa that is not restricted by any thing :D

Zailiner likes this.
  20. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Oh, I'm talking about Google Play cards. :p
    I just use paypal paired up with my bank account to pay online, but paypal can't be used on the google play store...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.