1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

If there was a new contest, much like the one that just ended...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Marsgreekgod, Mar 24, 2012.

?

... what would you like it to be about?

1. Planets

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Gear (Weapons/Items/Armor)

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Quests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NPCs

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

Yeah title/poll covers the whole queston, sorry if wrong place

2. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

NPCs. I think they mentioned something along those lines.

3. SweetAssBacon

SweetAssBacon Tentacle Wrangler

i think it would be kinda nifty to have a contest about weapons,gear,armor ect.
    i would'nt win of course, because my imagination sucks, and only the guys who present their stuff nicely wins anyway so....
    i'm not winning. that's for sure :(

4. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

I certainly hope the next one is better judged; this one was absolutely abysmal. They just said 'whelp we're choosing these ones' and spent a few minutes per entry; at least some sort of score-card would be nice. Also, the whole 'artistic abillity doesn't matter' was blatantly hypocritical, because they chose ideas with good artistic pictures and presentation.

5. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

The reason that entries like that won was because if they were willing to spend that much time on presentation, they obviously put alot of effort in the entry itself.

6. Tiger

Tiger Phantasmal Quasar

The gear one would be nice, but I think that would make people feel like "OMG, the most over-powered weapon wins!" Plus, I think the NPC idea is equally (if not more) awesome than the gear idea.

7. Matsu

Matsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wouldn't mind planets.

8. MasterTen

MasterTen Aquatic Astronaut

I really don't think you can blame the judges for how they judge. Even if you strive to be neutral, most people will still be attracted to well-presented artistic ideas. Plus a few of Honorable Mentions certainly weren't the most amazing in terms of art, so I think they did their best.

On topic- I would really like to see people come up with some unique ideas for planets, although I would worry about people having too similar ideas.

9. SweetAssBacon

i agree with you there, but what if someone has a really, really good idea, but don't have the skills or imagination to make a nice presentation....
    sux for them, cause they will most likely not win, and that's sad :(

Matsu likes this.
  10. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

I understand that, but if they intend to do that, then they shouldn't have put 'artistic abillity doesn't matter' in the contest thread. :/

11. SweetAssBacon

true...true.....

12. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like it if the next contest is about weapons or mechs :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.