If I ever decide I want to get the game on the Switch in the future, will I have to repurchase it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeta66, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Zeta66

Zeta66 Orbital Explorer

I already have Stardew Valley on Steam, and I heard it will be released on the Switch. I plan on eventually getting a Switch, and I was wondering if anyone knew if I would have to repurchase it in order to play it on there, or if I could just connect my Switch with my Steam account or something to install the copy I already have.

EDIT: Oh! Sorry, I forgot I purchased my current copy not through steam but through HumbleBundle. I don't know if that changes things.

• oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty sure youre gonna have to repurchase.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

you ll have to repurchase SDV if you want to use it on anything that is not a PC, unfortunately. They are after all different versions of the game, one made for consoles, other for PC.

ChaosAzeroth and Zeta66 like this.
        • Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

on the upside, if you have to replace your switch, you shouldnt have to rebuy your copy because now it will be tied to your nintendo account rather than the actual device, like it used to be.
          (took them a long time to get to that spot...probably the scare that the shareholders LIKE us having to rebuy every game per system lol)

• JonBorn

JonBorn Yeah, You!

I have the Steam version and I can't wait to buy this game again on the Switch

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

me ether.
              just to lounge in bed on a wet and cold day, snuggle up with my kitty on my feet and a copy of stardew on poratble...been wanting to do that for soo long with some games....
              wonder if we can get starbound aswell eventualy lol, then i wouldnt have to get up in winter (except to cook, do the washing ect lol)