Modding Discussion [idea/request] Wires - more switch types?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by OJhat, Dec 4, 2017.

1. OJhat

OJhat Big Damn Hero

I like the wiring mechanics in starbound. with the inclusion of some other mods, you can make some advanced wiring systems. I love usng the wiring mechanics to create puzzles in the game. but I always feel slightly limited to what I can achieve. in particular, while there are plenty of switches that you can manually activate/deactivate, there is a light sensor, a liquid sensor, and buttons... what about switches that you have to hit, like from a far away distance or tucked away in a tiny hole? the only switch I've found that requires it to be hit is the wired target, accessible from the spawn list via admin command. but once it's broken, that's it. it's broken. it'd be nice to have one that simply could turn on and off every time you hit it; or maybe even other designs, like one that stands on the floor; maybe like those crystal switches in the Zelda games?

But perhaps there might even be other switches that could be used? perhaps elemental switches, that require being hit with an elemental effect like poison, ice, fire, or electric. or perhaps - though i'm doubtful this would be programmable - switches that require a specific weapon strike it to work?

other ideas might be if a proximity scanner could scan that the outfit you wear is correct - that could be fun for secret clubs and such that would only allow those who dress like those inside to come in.

perhaps this and/or the other ideas are already part of a mod somewhere else. but I haven't found any that add something like this yet.