Idea for Special Abilities of the Races

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Friver, May 6, 2017.

?

This is a good idea or bad?

1. Good idea

87.5%
  2. Bad idea

12.5%
  1. Friver

Friver Space Hobo

I think the idea of some kind of abilities of races is very good but it must be balanced.
    Down here I wrote MY ideas of the abilities of races.

Human: buy and create things on a fewer price
    Avian: can glide when it falls off the heights and run faster
    Apex: can climb on the walls and jump higher
    Florian: heal itself when the sun is on the sky and vegetable monsters don't attack
    Hylotl: can breathe under water and swim faster
    Glitch: get one random mechanical thing (like tech card) after one-hour playing
    Novakid: glow in the dark (like flare) and blind enemies if he touch it

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

The devs made it pretty clear at this point that they dont want the races to play differently. IIRC, different races used to have racial abilities, but they have since been removed.

3. Tindome

Tindome Big Damn Hero

It's a shame there is no difference. My clan really really loved the idea before it got shelved, actually we purchased the game back than solely for this very reason (we were playing Terraria like hardcore back than). Starbound seemed much more rpg-ish, customizable, different species WITH different gameplay styles, different quests and goals, the more customization the better and as avid collectors it seemed fun to max out the game with different characters/builds/gameplay styles. We can get different looks in any game with mods if we only wanted that... :sadpanda: (Are there any mods to add a difference? I can't seem to find any.)

4. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/race-gameplay-variation.3244/

or

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackinraces.3717/

5. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now it seems like they're trying to make the races so similar that the only difference is the sprite appearance. With the release of the game they removed the different stories of how your character's ship was damaged, the different racial weapons, and the different SAIL sprites.