Idea for Novakid Mission (Optional Story Addition)

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Merithor, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

So after defeating the Ruin, I was wondering, why isn't there anything Novakid on any planets? Why isn't there someone out in the middle of nowhere to recruit them? We have every other race whom have a part of the story, so why can't the Novakid have something?

After defeating Asra at the Hylotl Pagoda, the Beakeasy Proprietor has another quest (Must have beaten Dreadwing)....
    "Hey bud, you know of the Novakid? Well, not many know who the are, but one of the reasons the Penguins have great guns is because of the 'kid. As of lately our shipments have slowed down, and last I heard an hour ago a distress signal at the Galactic Gaseous Gunner, sounds bad, could you help?"

After acception SAIL will detail the coordinates, Esther will comment "Hmm interesting, you should see what is happening, don't hear much from the Novakid.".

At start you will be in teleported outside of a Saloon (Western Styled Bar/Tavern) and 2 novakid running, one screaming and the other is shot down by Cloaked Hylotl Assassin. You kill the assassin and the Hylotl from the Pagoda questions "What are the Hylotl doing here? And to what extent are they from stopping the Novakid shipments?". As you traverse the saloon, you'll find a Novakid name Arochas the Flame as she fights her way through the assassins, covers and asks for your assistance after the few assassins there.
    "Well ain we got ourselves a fight on here... we've been ambushed by these fishy flakes*, they've been tailing our shipments and landed us a war for our foundry"
    "I need your help, I have a shortcut to the foundry, but I wouldn't be surprised if our friends 'ere have found their little fins in. Follow me."
    Following through the fire and lava filled areas (steampunk and concrete/base looks), Arochas will comment on the damage done and about towards the end before the boss, a tunnel beneath you lights up and you "hear" a radio call with an assassin and cultist courier.
    A- Asra, CC- Cultist Courier, HA- Hylotl Assassin
    A:"Got enough weapons ready for the next attack?"
    CC:"Yes Master, plus more for stealing that mechanical replica."
    A:"And what's the extent of damage done to the Foundry?"
    HA:"Should keep their guns from polluting the seas, and from those damn penguins from getting an edge on Mercenary tactics. We do have an issue, there's -player character name here- and Arochas taking back most of the foundry."
    A:"Kill them, I do not need their persistence to grow and stop my plans"

The boss is Erchiun Blasmother (Think of General Knox's final form from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Andross from StarFox for styled attacks), a grotesque, transmogrified abomination that founds itself in the Occulas Occults hands. It has giant claws that do most of the attacks, sometimes mixing elements (Fire, Shock, Ice), breathing poison from its head (easily avoidable but damaging if caught), and has 2 Hylotl Assassin Mages raining down Fire and Electric Portals (staff wise) that shoot beams towards your location (sits there for a while before dissappearing, and then fired again).
    At 50% health, it will lose it's breath ability but now try to eat you (arena is big enough to avoid being eaten, Spike Distortion will make it easy to dodge), and spit Black Hole Portals which will shoot a minor damage, but cause you to float for a second before a laser is shot at you which does the blunt damage.

10% chance for Weapon based on its attacks, and chance for Figurine.
    After defeating the Erchiun Blasmother, Arochas will comment on how strong you are and commends your efforts for saving the foundry. She will then tell you she'll join you at the Ark.
    Her role at the Ark will be sitting there talking, but will have 4 randomized (always Soldier Class) and 1 Tailor Novakid, pay a dubloon to recruit (They manufacturing guns for the Penguins, still Mercenaries). Every few hours the selection changes but still maintaining 4 Soldier Class and 1 Tailor.
    "For the great effort you showed fer my foundry, hows about you recruit one of my finest?"
    "This place.. is big. And empty. And not enough holes."
    -If Last mission hasn't been beaten but at Ark- "The tentacled bother needs to be wrangled and broken, and you'll do that just great"

But with being able to recruit Novakid, this will alter the Achievement to have 1 of each crew member.
    *(apologizes later after mission for the comment)

darkqueen and Wazamaga like this.