Modding Discussion I'd love to know what you think!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Amethystumn, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Amethystumn

Amethystumn Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello Everyone! I hope that I have put this thread in the right place.

I am currently updating my mod, PetCraft that I created with my friend Monijir.
    Pet Craft will add a variety of items such as;
    • Pet Beds( Pet will be visible whilst sleeping on top
    • Bean Bags( Same as Pet Beds)
    • Pet Houses(Functions the same as the vanilla Pet House
    • Different Toys
    • Food Bowls
    I will be dividing these items into separate categories within the crafting window.
    There will also be a custom crafting table!
    [​IMG]

Below I have shared some pictures of what I've been working on!

Row 1; Crystal, Cell, Giant Flower, Spooky, Floran, Glitch, Holiday, Dusty
    Row 2; Mushroom, Floran, Rainbow, Alien, Alpine, Glow, Bone, Rainbow Wood
    Row 3; Prism, Reed, Rainbow Wood, Alien, Cactus, Mushroom, Sandstone, Rust, Slime

[​IMG]

I am working on some new items to add, I want to add many new variations of toys, more themed beds and houses and I also thought theme-patterned bean bags would be cool. I am very curious to hear from you guys! Would you like to see themed bean bags? Here are some I have been working on;

[​IMG]
    Ignore the doubled up Red, Orange and Yellow :)

I am very eager to hear back from anyone and everyone!

2. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

I really like the art, looks cool :)

3. Amethystumn

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, would you want to see the beanbags in game?

4. nickc01

nickc01 Phantasmal Quasar

Sure, I'd like to see it

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Wow they look fantastic

6. Amethystumn

Thank you so much! :)

7. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Those houses and beds look adorable! I love how much detail you managed to put in them while using the art style and materials of the game.

8. Amethystumn

Thank you very much! Some of them were a bit challenging! :)

9. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

Gonna echo off of what Errors4l said and say this IS really adorable. I'd like to see some more variation in the beanbags, but those are pretty cute as is. I take it you're making one to match every set of furniture?
    Also, out of curiosity; do pets even have visible sleeping sprites? I can't recall any such thing, but that can likely be modding in if needed be.

10. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Right, its normally not possible, but the mod includes script changes to support the content. Generally all the hard coded stuff have been replaced with categories (still backwards compatible though).

11. Amethystumn

Oh thank you!! :) I am aiming to make atleast one pet bed or pet house for every set of furniture in the game. I haven't done one for the 'flesh' theme because I haven't come up with anything yet >.<; Of course pets have a sleeping animation, If you dont have a pet house they'll just sleep in a random spot and you'll see it :3

12. Amethystumn

Does anyone know if furniture can be dyed yet?

13. tomssuli

tomssuli Title Not Found

Those pet homes and beds look just lovely! <3
    ...If you get the mod to workshop when its ready, I'm sure to put it on my private server! =)

Amethystumn likes this.
  14. Kinsem

Kinsem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the designs for everything you have created. If I might ask what are the dimensions you are going with for them based on number of tiles? from what I can see, everything looks to fallow a 3x3 tiles or 24x24 pixels.

15. Amethystumn

Thank you, that's kind, yes. The beds and houses are all 24x24 pixels :)

Kinsem likes this.
  16. Kinsem

Kinsem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought as much, are you using 8 pixels for the side and 16 pixels for the front? I am asking as I am starting to work on some assets for my own mod and I am trying to find what other people are using to get the look of depth right.

17. Amethystumn

I just kinda wing it O-o Try looking at some in-game objects, that's what I do when I want to make something. :3