I want your farm.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sidmarill, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Sidmarill

Sidmarill Void-Bound Voyager

Hello again everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

I'm here to ask my fellow farmers for a favour.. I would like to build someone's farm in Minecraft.
    Well, I'm actually building the entirety of Pelican Town, but I only have the farm plot layed out atm. I'm hoping to find a farm that's aesthetically pleasing, not necessarily overly functional (eg a whole section that's just preserves jars lmao)

Now, I could just grab one off Google, but I'd like to be involved with the community here. This is only my second post, and everyone here seems pretty damn lovely. :p

Here is what I have so far (ignore the yellow, it's just to mark everything. It also reminds me of the super yellow dirt in Stardew, so it's kinda funny hahahaha)
    Screenshot_42 (Small).png

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

What would you need exactly? I have full farm screenshots of several of my past farms, updated at the end of each season. Have a look through the thread called Luthien's Firefly Hollow Thread (it's still here on page 1) if you want to browse, I have several to pick from. :)
      (Note that my farms utilize a lot of mods though.)

If you need the actual files though I don't have those anymore, only screenshots.

• Sidmarill

just an entire screenshot of your farm is all I need! I'll have a look through your thread and see if anything catches my eye :p

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
        • Sidmarill

holy good god, Luthien. Your farms are really quite beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for! I would love to make this one in my game :catface:
          of course, they will have to be the default buildings, but I'll still try to give it the justice is deserves :p
          [​IMG]

• BrumBrum

BrumBrum Tentacle Wrangler

Am I too late?
            [​IMG]

• Sidmarill

now i'm conflicted! Though, yours does include the base-game ponds, which I've already built. Maybe i'll take some inspiration from both :p

• LuthienNightwolf

Have fun! :3 Oh, there was eventually a fourth barn built next to the other three, I just hadn't got that far when this was taken. You could probably adjust a few spots to fit the ponds from the vanilla farm map, or just use bits and pieces of mine in combination with another farm design you like.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

NO! You can't have my farm! SAVE THE FARM!

Oh... you meant like that. Mine's still relatively new compared to Slime Goddess Luthien and might bore you because the furthest save I have is middle of Spring, year 2 (so just after one full year) Also, not sure how to create a screenshot of the farm... I have a fully upgraded barn and coop, 2 silos, the greenhouse just got revived, 2 lightning rods, and a fair crop size...but no slime hutch, no horse stable...

• LuthienNightwolf

I get my screenshots by taking several smaller ones and stitching them together in Photoshop. You can use upload.farm but it won't show any mods.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

If you use SMAPI I recommend the Map Image Export mod. It does not require any stitching, will show modded textures, and lets you include (or exclude) things like NPCs & weather.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Hmmmm I don't use SMAPI though. I kick the idea around a little (to stop the clock when inside the mines) but other than that, I don't see a need to use SMAPI. I have some small mods but it's profile pics, some minor textural things, and easier fishing. So... no SMAPI, is there a way to create a snapshot otherwise? Or do I need SMAPI for it to work?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The map export mod requires SMAPI to function. I'm actually surprised you have a fishing mod that doesn't need it; I guess it's just an edit of Fish.xnb. Luthien's suggestions of manual stitching or using upload.farm are the best non-mod alternatives.

• Sidmarill

hey there friends! thanks again for your farms, here is the start of the farmhouse :p
                            because the overworlds don't match up pixel-by-pixel i'm also creating a little pixel map of pelican town, but compared to the actual world map, it's not accurate. it's sort of an artistic decision, just as long as i include all the major elements that make pelican town so cute, i should be fine :p

Attached Files: