1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I want to pre-order StarBound but I can't

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ellthan, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

As the title sais I want to Pre-order starbound but I can't. Currently starbound can be preordered with 3 payment methods ''PayPal'' ''PayNow'' and ''buy with Google'' (all of these require a credit card), I really want to preorder, BUT, I don't have a credit card, and my parents don't want to pay for a game with theirs, I do however have enough money to pay for it with paysafe, and I have steam, How can I pre-order under these circumstances?

Remember:

*I can't use a credit card (edit) or acquire one.

*I can use a paysafe

*I have steam.

P.S. Convincing my parents to do it, getting a credit card myself and forgetting about pre-ordering is COMPLETELY out of word, so please don't mention it.

What can I do?

2. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

That is quite the problem. The only realistic and relatively simple alternatives I can think of are either convincing someone else with a credit/debit card (other family members, friends) to pay for the game (and possibly pay them back with physical cash) or get the game through other means (talking about stuff like giveaway threads here) with firm conviction of buying some Chucklefish' stuff in the future when you'll acquire a card on your own.

3. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

I unfortunately cannot convince any relatives or friends to pay for it (personal reasons don't ask) and I'm a long way from getting a card of my own, but what was that thing you said about giveaways?

4. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

There are plenty of threads on the forum where generous or plain rich & bored people offer free pre-order codes for the game to random others. Hell, I even got one accidentally, by sharing some fun facts in a thread and without noticing it's a giveaway one - which ultimately lead to my acquaintance getting a game out of it (I mean, when we'll get a release) as I have a copy pre-ordered already.

5. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

Where can I get it too?

6. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

You could always trade your paysafe card with a key, just make sure the person you trade with won't scam you.

7. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

How do I do that? And can someone point me to a giveaway thread?

8. KirasiN

9. StarshiyLeytenant

StarshiyLeytenant Cosmic Narwhal

Ever considered getting a prepaid gift card? Relatively easy and discreet way of buying things online and you can use cash to buy it.

10. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

How do I do that?

11. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do what I do. Buy a pre-paid credit card and put money on it.

12. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

As I said, I can't get a credit card of my own, I'm not an adult and my parents won't let me.

13. whatsup747

Its a post office one (if you live in Australia). Anyone can purchase it for around $10. I'm not an adult either, but my parents made me switch over to this one instead of theirs.

14. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

I live in Greece and no, my parents won't let me have ANY kind of credit card, unfortunately.

15. whatsup747

Maybe you could ask someone for it? Birthday?

16. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

That is a good idea but unfortunately my birthday was 1 month ago and I am not in the mood of waiting 11 months.

17. noodlesandrice

noodlesandrice Big Damn Hero

Try your luck in the official cosplay, needs a bit more spicing up. :D
    Or if you're too lazy, just do as the other guy said and try to get a free copy out of the giveaways either on this forum, or any other sources. If I recall correctly, there are about 2 ongoing giveaways at this moment and they're all on the front page of the section. There's also a writing competition with the reward of a gold tier preorder, if that suits you.

18. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

Official cosplay? What is that?

19. noodlesandrice

noodlesandrice Big Damn Hero

20. KirasiN

Ah, another fellow Greek looking to buy a copy. Yea your best bet is to read that forum I linked you for contests and giveaways. Otherwise wait till it gets released on steam and use your paysafe card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.