1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I Want dis game so much

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by huzeyfe, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huzeyfe

huzeyfe Lucky Number 13

i want to pre order the game but do i need a creditcard for that is there not a other way like banktransfer or some thing like a paysafecard i could use

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'm pretty sure credit cards aren't the only option. It does include PayPal, Amazon Payments and Google Wallet, but I'm not sure if there are any others. Worst case scenario, you can do what I do, and have someone else with a credit card / PayPal account / other valid payment method do the transaction and just pay them back.

XVDragoNX and class101 like this.
  3. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

If you're by chance Canadian (I'm not sure if they have this in other Countries at the moment, They probably do but I won't say so because I have no idea)
    TD bank for sure, and I believe most banks now, have debit-credit cards that you can simply get for free, and it's just a replacement for your debit card. It's a nifty thing because you can use it as a visa while shopping online, and it just takes the money directly out of your bank account. So theres no crappy 8 business day wait that debit transfers do.

4. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Pretty much all debit cards can be used in transactions like a credit card. Especially since it's the same companies that issue debit cards that issue credit cards. The only difference is that instead of charging to a line of credit it charges from your bank account.

5. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

K so there OP, go get yourself a debit credit card

6. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

I think, that we've heard Starbound beta is going to be on steam on "Early Access" once it releases. So if you can wait till the Beta is here, your problem will be solved with steam. Don't 100% count on it tho, there may be a few days delay before it will be on Steam once the beta will be ready to download via humblestore.

7. Jonesy

So...what does this have to do with this thread?

8. Raven_XIII

Raven_XIII Void-Bound Voyager

gahh, sorry. somehow I've managed to post in the wrong place, will move it. Apologies

9. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

I use pre-paid American Express or Visa cards. They seem to work :p

10. huzeyfe

huzeyfe Lucky Number 13

i alreayd bought it thx anyways :p

11. Tlarby

Tlarby Guest

1. Spontaneously combust
    2. ???
    3. Starbound

12. Desorbo

Desorbo Void-Bound Voyager

I plan on freezing myself by surrounding my body with frozen burritos. Just so I don't have to wait.

ForsakenNoble and carcrasher65 like this.
  13. asdfghjkl1234567890

asdfghjkl1234567890 Big Damn Hero

If you don't have a credit card but have cash I suggest maybe you get one of those prepaid gift cards. I used those to make online purchases before I got a credit card.

Desorbo likes this.
  14. gokum

gokum Void-Bound Voyager

Beta stage one is soon :D

15. carcrasher65

Don't quote me or hold it as truth but I have a really strong feeling it's gonna be here Tuesday Nov 5th.
    Because releases are normally on Tuesdays nowadays. If it's not here then oh well!

16. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

US does Tuesday releases but Europe does Fridays. Chucklefish is in Europe so Friday release is more likely.

17. carcrasher65

Ahh yes,
    I forgot Tiy is over the pond from me...

18. Jonesy

Glad you managed to sort it out. I think that takes care of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.