Modding Help I think I broke the AI...

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BlueLeafeon, Sep 29, 2016.

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I edited the poly collision of my cat species to have the humanoid "ducking" stance when standing, which works perfectly fine for me as the player character. My ship NPCs, on the other hand...

One thing I couldn't get them to do while this was rolling was activate the instruments. I try to do it myself, but they're capable of doing it from the ledge below the bricks. I can't. lol

NPC one is a chef merchant capable of going through the bricks into the kitchen. NPC 2 is a janitor who tries to do the same but can't, and gets stuck in a continuous loop.

I don't even know what the heck is up. Is this fixable or is it just something that's going to have to be dealt with due to the small collision poly? ._.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It is quite likely an automatic mechanic.
    Earlier NPC's used to be stuck in the ground - the game just automatically moves them out of it.

I am guessing if the game detects the NPC overlapping a FG tile - it translates them out.

3. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I remember that. Those were good times. Very hilarious.

Does the game care about sprites at all, or is it specifically the collision poly that causes this?

Here's what debug mode shows of the hitboxes:
    [​IMG]

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Collision poly is what matters the most

5. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe you must do something else in the npcs files of your race, since your race is shorter than vanilla... this happen to you too with penguins mercenaries from the outpost?

If you are using a custom humanoid.config try to add this too, these lines are from the original humanoid.config, the penguinoid.config don't have this lines so you must add them manually:

Code:
    // should keep the player from teleporting through walls
        "maximumCorrection" : 3,
        "maxMovementPerStep" : 0.4,

Try them and see if it works.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016